Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 5G continuous resetting after update

(Topic created on: 24-05-2021 05:36 AM)
MartinW2
Student
Options

Hi,

I’ve installed a Samsung update this morning and the phone is now continuously resetting itself. It was all fine before the update. It still does this in safe mode too. I’ve tried to get to the reboot menu, but that doesn’t work either (used a combination of up, down buttons along with the power button) if it powers up, it then resets after the android logo. I’ve also noticed that even when it’s powered off, it’s still going on to reset itself!

I’ve plugged in the usb headphones and also into a computer, still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did you get the software update from the phone's software update section or elsewhere  ?

You could try a hard reset but this would delete your saved data @MartinW2 

hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s20-exynos. 

Other than that let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on with the phone to see if they can resolve the issue.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
MartinW2
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply. I managed to find a solution in the bowels of the Internet. Basically removing both SIM and memory card stops the loop. It did say that could could be reinserted without issue but for me, it started again. Fortunately it was isolated to the memory card, so I've left that out and not had the issue.

0 Likes