Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Restore on Samsung S20 5g

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 07:44 PM)
Members_AxWSFPX
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, I just had my phone repaired.  Before I sent it off I done the backups as requested.  The phone is back and when I got to back up and restore it won't let me restore back to what it was pre repair.  I have logged onto Samsung Cloud and can see it there however I am at a loss as to how I get the back up back onto my phone in the usual way it would.  Also does anyone think that replacing a whole mother board on a phone that was only bought in April (£1k) is acceptable or should a new phone have been provided?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Members_AxWSFPX: If you created a backup on Samsung Cloud then you should be able to restore the data by heading to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore > Restore Data > Make sure the drop down option towards the top of the screen reads Galaxy S20 5G, with the date you created the backup > Tick the content you want to restore > Restore. Regarding your repair, we offer a repair only warranty therefore if an issue was identified in the motherboard then we will always look to repair it if it is viable to do so, as per the terms and conditions of the warranty. 

Members_AxWSFPX
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have done that already and have been on chat most of the afternoon with Samsung, it isn't there, there is no option to restore just back up but I can see it on the cloud

0 Likes