Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS messages

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 06:09 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I installed a 2nd sim in phone on a different and found that this disabled RCS in messages and attempting to enable feature resulted in failing and saying no compatible sim.

I turned off sim 2 and was able to reenable chat features.

I reenabled sim 2 and powered off phone, then removed the 2nd sim before switching back on.

Messages then said it needed to verify my number and it still failed using default number. if I try to deactivate via the portal it says can't and needs operator to do this.

Is there a time limit when trying to activate RCS if it got disabled due to a sim not allowing it?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes once rcs fails generally you have to wait 10 days to re-enable it, each time you try again before that it resets the time. In extreme cases it can take s21, if you click on my profile and look at one of my first posts there is extensive discussion on rcs
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
21 days*** dunno why I wrote s21 lol
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can verify that.
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for this, I'll probably just leave it on Google messages now until it returns
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Just an update, left it and it came back after a week (soz been away), but RCS definitely won't work with 2 Sims especially if second sim doesn't support it
0 Likes