Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Keep open for quick launching"missing after ATCT on SM-G9860

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 01:12 PM)
geovass
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

I got the latest ATCT OTA a few days ago, but it seems the option to "Keep open for quick launching" is missing - option is now set back to "lock this App" when you long press an app during multitasking...

"Lock App" is not the same and i do get multiple reloads of a selected App.

Is this by design ? Why have we lost this very helpfull functionaity?

Screenshot_20200401-074843_One_20UI_20Home.jpg

regards,

g

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
CruzT
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I don't think it's a easy job, but it does show that samsung close this function on purpose,

as I saw post from Taiwan, the customer service did admit that the function was disable since the new patch last week.

0 Likes
geovass
First Poster
Options

did they say why they have disabled the feature ? 

0 Likes
geovass
First Poster
Options

Hi AsadM,

Hope you are good;

Are there any updates on this? It seems the feature has been removed for the build?

Many thanks,

George

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Hi @geovass. Great to hear from you again. I won't be able to provide an update on the Error report you'd sent, as it's part of a separate system from what I have access to. When there's any information regarding this, you'll be notified about it on the Members app.
0 Likes
Arashelf
Student
Options

I have the same problem. I had that option before updating the os. 

0 Likes
Arashelf
Student
Options
Same here. I'm in Taiwan and I have this problem. That quick launch option is gone.
0 Likes
CruzT
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys who have suffered the constant restart of app,  I have found an altenative solution which might help this situation until the feature comes back.

You will need samsung's exclusive app call " Multistar" (Make sure you have the latest version), you should be able to find this on Apkmirror or other android app mirror site.

Personally I have an app call "fine lock" which can be found in Playstore as a launcher to those Samsung exclusive app.

So, back to multistar, in the app, there's a "The Long Live App" option which will enable certain app to stay in the background and will not be killed.  For me it's useful as my game/application are often stay active when I take them out from the background.Screenshot_20200421-120745_MultiStar.jpg

Please let me know if this can help , and I would be happy to help.

Peace

0 Likes
geovass
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the tip. I have installed and configure my app. I will monitor and let you know in a few days time.

Thank you!

0 Likes