Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

[Query]Software Update notification

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 07:42 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Do I get notified when the monthly security update is available? Like the July security update is available now in the UK for S20 FE 5G, so won't it show me in the notification panel?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Since owning Samsung phones I've not had that chance to get notified. I've always looked for a software update, then it shows up to download. I'm sure it does notify you after a certain time.
0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

yeah currently I am doing the same i.e., manually have to check for updates in settings and then download it. I will wait for few days to see if it shows up in the notification panel or not :smiling-face: Thanks for your response, have a nice day ahead.

onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Morning, I assume you are in the UK and already got the July update?

Till now I got no update notification 😒

Also I get no app update notifications displayed for Galaxy Store (even though enabled in settings) unlike Google Play Store!

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes in the UK. I also don't get any notifications for goole app updates. I've always wondered myself why they don't download as I have auto download turned on. I always have to go in galaxy store and Google to download updates.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I honestly have no idea how long you have to leave a software update before it notifies you have an update available. I haven't had a single notification on all 4 Samsung phones I've owned. I just happened to check for an update. Same as Google and galaxy store. Have to check for app updates. Probably get a few apps that automatically download. I always thought maybe it's because we are not always connected to WiFi, and download through WiFi only is turned on.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I also own a tab s7+, which does notify me if I have updates available on the galaxy store. Never get notifications on my phone.
0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Okay, thanks for confirming for me. Probably I won't get notified unless I manually go and check for updates in Settings. I will just wait for one for day :smiling-face: I will keep you posted. Have a nice Sunday.

0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Ah, that's strange. Looks like different treatment for tabs and mobiles lol

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thank you, I wonder how long it does take for the software update to notify you. You have a nice Sunday also.