Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problems with the S20 FE front camera

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 03:18 PM)
laesyrydi
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have been using Samsung phones for a while and just upgraded to a S20 FE, which is supposed to have the 32mp front facing/selfie camera

I have just tried to take pictures and there appears to be a lot of blur like the camera is out of focus? Considering how much of an upgrade this should be from my s9+ camera I was wondering if this was common, or something wrong with my settings, or if my device may be faulty? 

I tried different modes and to turn of the beauty feature but this doesn't seem to change it. My hair is still blurry and so is my face as if it is trying to focus on something further away. 

Any experiences anyone has had similar? 

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@laesyrydi 

try restarting the phone

then wipe clean the camera cover with a clean cloth

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
I usually use 12mp selfie mode but the thing is the S20FE doesn't have adjustable focus on its selfie, its a fixed focus. S9 has an adjustable focus.

All i can say is keep the phone at its optimum distance for the best focus.

Also, the camera preview tends to look worse than the actual procrssed photo.
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Also yes, clear cache partition, camera cache/data, restart
0 Likes
laesyrydi
Apprentice
Options

The camera not having autofocus makes sense as to why its blurry but this also seems like a huge overlook? Do you know if the s20 or the s20+ has got better front facing abilities with auto focus? Considering the upgrade I am very not impressed! Didnt even think to check this as most reviews talk about good picture quality

They seem decent at the "correct" distance but I am really not sure whether to apply for another phone over this as I video call a lot and was hoping this "fan edition" phone would be a good compromise

0 Likes
Solution
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Yes, the S20 series apart from FE has front auto focus
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
I have S20FE and my front camera (especially video) is very good and high quality, its only if i want to get up closer in for a selfie, thats when it loses focus
Members_taIzsvG
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with my front camera. Since I am rarely using it, I can't tell exactly when the problems began to arise, but I also updated my phone in the meantime. To exclude other causes I removed my display protection but it didn't improve. Clearing the cache and resetting the camera app neither did anything. Therefore I am now considering to make use of my warranty and to send my phone to a repair center.

If anyone found a solution it would be helpful for letting knowing us.

Members_KPGYL0q
First Poster
Options

I am also very dissapointed with the front camera from my Samsung galaxy s20 fe. It's very blury. I feel like the 32 mp are pointless if it takes pictures that are so washed out and blurry. It's mind bugling how in previous phones the front camera was fine and now this is so bad. It seems on purpose. This Fan Edition makes me stop being a fan of Samsung.

laesyrydi
Apprentice
Options

I agree. Especially considering it was marketed as a social media phone you would think it would have a good camera. Turns out the lack of auto focus is the problem and not fixable. 

I have since changed to an S21+ and it is far better, although a lot more expensive, and very happy with its camera