Original topic:

Problems with the S20 FE front camera

(Topic created on: 25/03/21 03:43)
laesyrydi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello,

I have been using Samsung phones for a while and just upgraded to a S20 FE, which is supposed to have the 32mp front facing/selfie camera

I have just tried to take pictures and there appears to be a lot of blur like the camera is out of focus? Considering how much of an upgrade this should be from my s9+ camera I was wondering if this was common, or something wrong with my settings, or if my device may be faulty? 

I tried different modes and to turn of the beauty feature but this doesn't seem to change it. My hair is still blurry and so is my face as if it is trying to focus on something further away. 

Any experiences anyone has had similar? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
blueberry_cheesecake
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@laesyrydi 

try restarting the phone

then wipe clean the camera cover with a clean cloth

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
blueberry cheesecake so delicious
0 Likes
Uzoma
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I usually use 12mp selfie mode but the thing is the S20FE doesn't have adjustable focus on its selfie, its a fixed focus. S9 has an adjustable focus.

All i can say is keep the phone at its optimum distance for the best focus.

Also, the camera preview tends to look worse than the actual procrssed photo.
0 Likes
Uzoma
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Also yes, clear cache partition, camera cache/data, restart
0 Likes
laesyrydi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The camera not having autofocus makes sense as to why its blurry but this also seems like a huge overlook? Do you know if the s20 or the s20+ has got better front facing abilities with auto focus? Considering the upgrade I am very not impressed! Didnt even think to check this as most reviews talk about good picture quality

They seem decent at the "correct" distance but I am really not sure whether to apply for another phone over this as I video call a lot and was hoping this "fan edition" phone would be a good compromise

0 Likes
Uzoma
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yes, the S20 series apart from FE has front auto focus
0 Likes
Uzoma
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have S20FE and my front camera (especially video) is very good and high quality, its only if i want to get up closer in for a selfie, thats when it loses focus
0 Likes