Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problems with Mobile Data on the new Update on S20 FE.

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 02:58 PM)
S3pehr
Student
Options
Did the new S20 update mess with mobile data connections? I can't connect to mobile data after the One UI 3 update. Made sure it was not a SIM provider error. Tried factory reset, network settings reset, reboots and manual APN input. None of them worked. Any help?
I have the S20 FE 5G and my service provider is Three.
16 REPLIES 16
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I think it is. My S20 FE is now back with Samsung for 'repair' for both Bluetooth and data unreliability issues. It was fine with Android 10.

Even on WiFi I get weird error messages now and again. But most noticeable on mobile data. TuneIn keeps complaining it's lost connection, tweets don't load in Twitter.

While it's away for repair I'm using an old Pixel 3a on Android 11 doing exactly the same things in the same places using the same SIM and it's 100% reliable. Bluetooth is faultless on the 3a too.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Got the phone back, now has a new motherboard. The Bluetooth problems I also had seem fixed, but still getting occasional data drops, which are most noticeable on mobile data when outside.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
The latest One UI 3.1 release this week has fixed the data issues for me. Now working everywhere on Three UK, with 5G enabled in settings.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
rabel
Apprentice
Options

This sounds more like a work-around. A solution would be a fix for the firmware from Samsung. As is the S20 FE is not performing as advertised, and breaches several consumer laws in Australia in relation to false and misleading conduct. Waiting a little longer for a fix, but will refer Samsung to appropriate government watcg-dogs if it continues to sell a mobile phone without appropriately functioning firmware.

0 Likes
mcarans
First Poster
Options

I write this here in case anyone comes across the thread and doesn't know to try entering the internet APN settings. I realise you mentioned you had tried this in your OP. In my case entering the internet APN setting fixed the loss of mobile data from a recent Samsung update.

The Samsung update deleted my internet APN settings (but strangely left the MMS one untouched). I reentered my internet APN settings and mobile data was restored. The internet APN settings (and MMS) are specific to your carrier.

0 Likes
oswin
First Poster
Options

Same issue. I haven't been able to use my phone for like a week. I spent like 5 hours on the phone with customer service. The samsung guy told me to take it into a store. They want to charge me $350 to fix the phone because the screen is slightly damaged where I dropped the phone one time. They won't just fix the software issue that they caused.  

0 Likes
SimoSamaa
First Poster
Options

me to i don't fix the problem yet   

0 Likes