Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after my last 2 updates

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 08:50 PM)
popre88
Apprentice
Options

Just wondering if anyone has encountered problems with their S20 after the last 2 updates.

After G980FXXU9DUH2 update my phone wouldn't charge on the car charger(charging only when completely turned off)

I have checked the chargers,the cables,the phone port and everything is ok.I have 3 different chargers in my car and 3 different cables and all of them are working perfectly on my old S9+ (that never had an update installed on it)on my wife's Iphone 11 pro max,S9+ (with all the updates),on S6 edge and J5

I also cleared the cache with the buttons combination,still nothing.

I have updated my phone again to the latest one and still the same,but on top of my charging issue,now my phone is getting hot very quickly when using web browser and facebook.

The phone is charging normally at home,plugged in or wireless.

Any taughts?

Many thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
rdomak
Journeyman
Options

Hi, did you find any solution? 
I have the same with my S21 since about a week. 

0 Likes
popre88
Apprentice
Options

Hi,yes I did,I think Samsung is trying something similar as Apple did,to slow down its older devices except in this case they are trying something different,to kill the battery.

I have bought a powerful smart car charger that can go up to 36w and now it is charging as it used to,before the update and with the regular charger...

0 Likes
rdomak
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, oh well, it's definitely software regulated and it's definitely not OK. I have the latest Samsung EB-U3300XJE power bank with 25W super fast charge support and it's also useless now, it doesn't charge my phone. 

0 Likes
GingerRobz77
Journeyman
Options

I have just done a update (November) and my S20 has now stopped fast charging.... Tried everything known to man and beast and still not working, bloody fed up now... 

0 Likes
GingerRobz77
Journeyman
Options

Not good

0 Likes
popre88
Apprentice
Options

I was upset with the new things on s20 when first came out (I upgraded from S9+) and I was quite disappointed to be honest,with the size of it,with the annoying hole on the screen when watching videos,the feedback touch for home button but the main thing missing is the iris scanner,especially now with the face masks on,huge minus.

And higher the series gets (s20+,s21,s21+) the upgrade is no longer necessary.

Big gap in the camera specs,as the cameras got more and more mega pixels,they are "bad quality pixels" as the pixel area is smaller and smaller on each new phone

But people tend to buy numbers over quality so..

As for my Samsung,I am reconsidering a downgrade to my old S9+ or maybe try out a new nokia with carl zeiss optics(as nokia used to be my favourite brand before s2 was released).I have a few cameras and lenses in my backpack but the phone is on me all the time so I do have some expectations from a new phone to be better than the old one

This new updates are pushing me away from Samsung..hopefully they won't try to release this kind of updates for tvs(as almost everything in my house is samsung)

0 Likes