Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with fingerprint scanner

(Topic created on: 23-05-2021 08:59 PM)
Rach123456670
Apprentice
Options
I NEED a screen protector on my s20 but I've tried hundreds and none of them allow the fingerprint scanner to work. Can anyone link me to an appropriate screen protector that actually allows use? 

Edit: received a response from Samsung with no way to reply. They suggested using Samsung screen protector provided by ee etc, but I've asked at ee and googled but I cant find anywhere that stocks official Samsung screen protectors. Thanks for the link in the comments I will try this :smiling-face:
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Kris G
Voyager
Options

the S20Ultra  finger print scanner is the worst of all phones i had so far, almost as bad as face recognition...guess typing the pin is still faster 😅

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Rach123456670
Apprentice
Options
The face recognition is quite good but a few of my apps require fingerprint recognition and only when you fail several times does it allow pin or face recognition, and its really annoying.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

face recognition on Xiaomi MiNote 10 works almost each time, it requires less light too, on the HuaweiP40pro it actually never fails, only with a mask you can make it confused and it works 100% of the time, but the S20 Ultra....4 out of 10 times? on top of that you have to even look into the camera and almost get the 90 degree angle to the camera, else it may not unlock.
I'm not used to that, i'm used to pick up the hone and it's unlocked by the time i blink or before that.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Not relevant to this thread but I hope you all know there is an option of faster face recognition. You may have kept our disabled. Please check.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

189919721_465095011453354_3259780854380487589_n.jpg

i will just assume what you said was a sarcastic joke, bcoz with my settings i can not make it improve more.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rach123456670: Please be aware that you can increase the sensitivity of the screen for use with screen protectors by heading to Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity > On. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

the issue is a fingerprint scanner, which sits behind the screen, so increasing screen sensitivity will work for the screen only....and that is bcoz neither a resistive nor capacitive screen, can capture ultrasonic vibration, else you would use the screen as a microphone.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes