Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private numbers

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 02:15 AM)
helowjrh
First Poster
Options
There is this private number ringing me since may 2021 its been happening for about 8 or 9 months now and im sick and tired of this i need someone to block the private number or track it down without going to the police for it thanku
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately as you cannot block a private number via the phone's own blocking facility although there is the Spam and Caller ID settings in your phone apps settings to toggle On,  you would need to speak with your mobile network operator as they'll have a process to help with spam and nuisance calls and in the UK there is the tps system @helowjrh 

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/pages/what_is_tps 

It may not be a person ringing you but a business.

Some GP Practises withhold their numbers.

The Police maybe able to help although I appreciate your not keen to involve them.

Another extreme option is to ask your mobile network operator to change your mobile number which I appreciate would be a pain as you'll then need to let people and work , businesses you use your new number.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

You can also head to Phone App > More (3 dots top right) > Settings > Block Numbers > Then turn on Block unknown/private numbers. 

This will block all unknown or private numbers though, and some businesses do call from private numbers too, so you would need to be aware this would stop those calls too. 

Welcome to the Community!