Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private calls

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 01:34 PM)
nickyd2712
First Poster
Options
I can't find where I turn this off.  My phone will not accept calls from private numbers and this is making life difficult can someone please help.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
scotty82447
Navigator
Options
press the call button and then press the 3dots at the top corner
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@nickyd2712: Further to the advice offered by @scotty82447 please head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Settings > Block Numbers > Block Unknown Callers, and toggle this option off. 

0 Likes
nickyd2712
First Poster
Options
thank you
0 Likes
nickyd2712
First Poster
Options
thank you all done
0 Likes
MRB773
First Poster
Options

This isn't just to you, AndrewL but anyone else with experience.  I purposely set this up, but now I can't turn it off.  I feel like I should include a screenshot, but I went to phone app, triple dots, settings, block number, and ensured the setting "Block calls from unknown numbers" is indeed set to off.  Sadly, I need to turn it off because suddenly, my voicemail stopped working.  So now, if a doctor calls from a different number, they can't even leave me a voicemail (voicemail, I believe is a carrier issue and not a topic for this one)

0 Likes
AshP_
Options

Hi @MRB773, I recommend checking whether your phone is set to automatically block calls that are suspected to be spam/scams. You can check this by heading to the Phone app > Three dots (top right) > Settings > Caller ID and spam protection > Ensure 'Block spam and scam calls' is toggled OFF, or you can fully disable the Caller ID and spam protection by disabling the switch at the top of this page.

As for the voicemail issue, you can check whether your calls are set to be forwarded to voicemail if you're unreachable by heading back to the Phone app settings as mentioned above > Supplementary services > Call forwarding > Select each 'Forward when...' option > Ensure they're enabled.

If you're still having trouble receiving voicemails after checking your call forwarding settings, I'd recommend reaching out to your network provider for further support.

0 Likes
MRB773
First Poster
Options

I'll start with the good news.  I was able to fix the voicemail issue via patience.  I think it was a temporary "glitch" in the carrier's system.  After several tries, I was able to "re-set it up" and stopped receiving the error I had been receiving this morning. I still don't know why it went from set up to not set up, but it's working now.

Thanks for the thought on the spam blocking.  I found that I have a carrier based spam blocking and for some reason, it now thinks that my wife's work phone and landline (yes we're old and still have a landline) is spam.  I will fix that through my carriers project.

Thanks for your help.  IT wasn't a phone issue, but you helped me think through other items to debug!

0 Likes
shazzee
First Poster
Options
My phone keeps blocking private numbers and majority of landline numbers how do I change the settings
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Same settings for you, @shazzee.

Head to Phone app > More (3 dots top right) > Settings > Block numbers > Block calls from unknown numbers > Turn this one off. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes