Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Possible fix of missing mobile data on S20 FE 5G after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 04:00 PM)
Libroid
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Some of us cannot get mobile data on our S20 FE 5G after Android 11 firmware update. I myself contacted Samsung sevevral times, reset network, reset phone to factory settings, but problem was not fixed.
Actuallu there are 2 possible fixes or workaround, until Samsung releases new firmware to fix the bug.
1) Remove simcard from sim1 tray and insert it to sim2 tray. It seems network mobile data works fine in sim2 tray. However, if you use SD card or 2nd simcard, this may not be an ideal solution.
2) While simcard in sim1 tray disable mobile network and go to
Settings-->Connection-->Mobile Networks-->Network Mode.
From there chose 2G and enable mobile data. Most likely nothing will happen. Then disable mobile data again and go back to Network Mode section and chose 3G. Enable mobile data. You should now get H or H+ sign. If you chose LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), it should give you 4G+ and should stay stable. I could not test 5G, as where I live 5G is not available. Please check and let me know if with this method you are able to get 5G?
51 REPLIES 51
AndyMK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue on Samsung Galaxy A71 in UK.  Network Three Mobile 4G.
Upgraded today to Android 11 kernel 4.14.190 18Feb21.  One UI 3.1

Most mobile data completely stopped working: gmail, chrome, bbc sounds.  WeChat still works (guess the Chinese get their packets through anyways).
tried without success various suggestions on resetting networks, changing to 2g, 3g etc.  no use.

Swapping the SIM Card from slot 1 to 2 and restarting the phone fixed it.  Many thanks to the clever people who suggested that!

Thumbs down to the technical people in Samsung who let this issue fester on and on.  Bad QA.  Bad user experience.

Patrick19994
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thank you. Changing from LYE/3g/2g auto to 3g/2g auto worked for me
pecche801
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

same exact problem with galaxy A70 after android11 update

how to solve that?!?!

0 Likes
AndyMK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I solved it on an A71 by swapping the SIM Card from slot 1 to 2.

0 Likes
rabel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Still have the problem. 

Have to turn airplane mode on/off to reconnect to 4g networks.

Mkes my expensive Samsung phone look like a dud next to much cheaper phone that actually work as advertised.

Regreting this purchase.

rabel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

That works. But sacrificing the use of micro SD storage (one of the selling points for the S20 FE), seems like a temory work around rather than a fix. The seamless switching and network access was heavily advertised by Samsung for this phone, and simple doesn't do what it was advertised to do.

pecche801
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi AndyMK, did you swap them permanently from 1 to 2? I found that when the mobile data are not working a temporarily workaround is to reset the APN settings to default (of course I never changed that), the mobile data turn back on immediately

0 Likes
AndyMK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

pecche801:
I have permanently swapped the SIM to # 2.  And it is still working fine so I am not touching it 🙂
I think I may have tried changing APN settings, amongst the other tips on this channel, but without success on my A71 Galaxy.

Bottom line : no thanks to Samsung's QA team for rolling out that buggy firmware "upgrade".

0 Likes
rabel111
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just updated s20FE again, and still have same issue with mobile data. Thanks for nothing Samsung. Will not be buying samsung garbage ever again. 

pecche801
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

thanks Andy

unfortunately I have 2 sims, understood now you have only one. in my case if I use only one sim removing the other, data are working so it's a possilbe dual sim bug

0 Likes