Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Possible fix of missing mobile data on S20 FE 5G after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 04:00 PM)
Libroid
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Some of us cannot get mobile data on our S20 FE 5G after Android 11 firmware update. I myself contacted Samsung sevevral times, reset network, reset phone to factory settings, but problem was not fixed.
Actuallu there are 2 possible fixes or workaround, until Samsung releases new firmware to fix the bug.
1) Remove simcard from sim1 tray and insert it to sim2 tray. It seems network mobile data works fine in sim2 tray. However, if you use SD card or 2nd simcard, this may not be an ideal solution.
2) While simcard in sim1 tray disable mobile network and go to
Settings-->Connection-->Mobile Networks-->Network Mode.
From there chose 2G and enable mobile data. Most likely nothing will happen. Then disable mobile data again and go back to Network Mode section and chose 3G. Enable mobile data. You should now get H or H+ sign. If you chose LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), it should give you 4G+ and should stay stable. I could not test 5G, as where I live 5G is not available. Please check and let me know if with this method you are able to get 5G?
51 REPLIES 51
Libroid
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I tried this method earlier (resetting/deleting APN and allocating newAPN), before switching between 2G/3G, unfortunately it did not work on my phone
0 Likes
Members_kGbYxuD
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have just had a software update and the issue seems to have been fixed, I hope every one else gets the update pushed through to them asap :smiling-face:

RichardYorks
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thanks for this. Manually checked for an update on settings and got the January update. This has fixed the problem. I'm in the UK with a handset directly bought from Samsung.
Sue136
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Just did a manual update on mine today 14/1/21 after the original update on 2nd Jan thst caused the problem originally, all seems okay for now 😊
lamitron
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mild resurrection of this thread, but I had success with changing the Access Point Name on my S10 Lite. I'm currently on a 3 (Hutchinson 3G) plan and was having trouble connecting to 4G and 4G+ (although my phone obviously doesn't have 5G) I added the APN available on the 3 website, with the exception of setting the IP version to IPv4 ONLY. this then allowed me to connect to all types of mobile network, 3G, H, H+, 4G and 4G+. Hope this helps some of you.
As a side note, H3G does support IPv6, however my phone doesn't seem to connect whenever it tries over IPv6, even when the APN Protocol is set to IPv4 and IPv6.

JRP1131
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I received the update yesterday and after the update it seems that everything is back to normal, Sim card slot 1 is working properly.

0 Likes
JRP1131
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I received the update yesterday and after the update it seems that everything is back to normal, Sim card slot 1 is working properly

0 Likes
SergiuCeausu
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks for the tip.I have an S20 Ultra and I had an issue with dropping signal. I tried everything and nothing worked. Your sugesstion worked. 2 days and no signal drop from 4g 4g+. This having mind that I had continous drops in signal. I was about to return the phone. Now I'm so happy. Thank a lot. 

0 Likes
SergiuCeausu
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Well...it started again 😔

0 Likes
rabel111
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just received Android 11 UI 3.0 update for S20 FE 5g in Australia and 5g  broken. Switching to LTE 4g seems to be working for now.

0 Likes