Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor / No Signal

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 03:04 PM)
peterpan222
Apprentice
Options

Hi ,

I got a S20 FE on voda UK a few months ago. Everything was fine until december where I now have little/no signal and thus no phone calls or data. 

Im in a area that should have good / excellent serivce - middle of a 100K population town.  Thing is, it works fine in a slightly bigger city (Norwich) and I get great 4G even in a basement. But I set my phone to 2G network mode and nothing works.

Sim card in another phone and I have no problems so dont think its a network issue.

I've checked with vodafone support and done all their checks.

I've sent the phone to samsung for repair.

Now its come back and does the same thing.  UK voda are not helping and Samsung support wants me to drive half way across the country.

Any ideas?

Im not very happy with Samsung or Voda.

7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have lebara which runs on Vodafone and no issues.
Maybe ask Vodafone to send a new sim and/or check if any of the sim settings have change.
Ask Vodafone to send you their settings again.
PS . I have the S21 ultra though.

I would also keep checking for any app updates in both Google and Samsung store.
peterpan222
Apprentice
Options

Hi Goan ,

Thanks for the reply. Yep tried a new Sim from voda ,  been on their support multiple times and changed all sorts of settings including a factory restore.  Then its been to Samsung for repair and come back with same problem. (Along with some scratches - it was immaculate!)

The sim works fine in another non samsung phone - hence I think its a problem with my Samsung. 

I was not very happy with samsungs support chat solution - drive hundreds of miles to a service centre!  

It would be cheaper to buy a new iPhone given the cost of petrol and hotels.

StevieDeavs
Journeyman
Options
I have a similar / same problem. After applying a software update my phone (Note 20) no longer finds any mobile networks. SIM is fine- phone recognises it and is happy to allow WiFi calling, it just won't pick up any mobile network. I've been through all the troubleshooting steps including factory reset.

Samsung online chat pointless (2 hrs them told they have to speak with developers .. then nothing).

StevieDeavs
Journeyman
Options
Hi @peterpan22 - did you find a solution? I'm certain is is a Samsung issue, nothing do do with thr carrier (my SIM works fine in other phones and other SIMs from different carriers also don't work in my Note 20).

Still no sign of a software update either 😞
Ashish1990
Apprentice
Options
I have got the same issue now with the January Patch update. My phone is not giving signals . Although the network is working fine in any other phone. I believe it has to do with the January patch update. Not really sure how to resolve this issue. Kindly connect if anyone can help me with this.
Ashish1990
Apprentice
Options
I think i have got an work around. After the January patch update , it killed my sim slot 1. After many workaround nothing worked for me. So i went to change my physical sim with the e-sim which resulted in normal functioning. The e-sim will take up your sim slot (1 or 2 not sure since it may dep3nd on the handset ) in my case it took sim slot 2. And in the 1st slot i added another sim and it started working fine. Hope this will help and work as a workaround for all those facing the similar issues.
peterpan222
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. I dont think my Samsung S20 FE works with an esim on Vodafone UK unless Im wrong?

Phone went back again to Samsung for repair. Has come back again with the same issue. So to be fair Samsung have tried - but still awaiting a call back and its been a few weeks.

Again I've tried another providers SIM (lycra using o2 network) and its more or less the same. Extremely poor reception with frequent 'Emergency Calls Only for hours.  Indoor and Outdoor. 

Every other phone on every other network at this location does not have this problem.