Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pokemon Go and the Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 07:17 AM)
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

While this is primarily a Niantic issue, perhaps a gentle 'nudge' from Samsung might get their attention. All Samsung Galaxy Store versions of PoGo starting with 0.170.0 and subsequent updates 0.171.1 and 0.171.2 will freeze a few seconds after starting the game, from various Forum Threads around it seems to be just the S20 Ultra has this issue, i also have an S8+ and i even resurrected an old S7 Flat to test it and all updates are fine on them, luckily a forced update hasn't happened yet but when it comes looks like S20 Ultra players will be locked out, just to point out this also happens on the Google Play Store versions so ball is in Niantic's court.

154 REPLIES 154
SultanGhalil
Journeyman
Options

New update that works fine at the moment. 0.173.2

0 Likes
Solution
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

Finally, a working version and got it direct from the Galaxy Store, if you also need the Google Play Store version of 0.173.2 you can sideload the .apk by downloading it from here

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-173-2-release/pokemon-go-0-173-2-2...

Dazzapf
Explorer
Options

Seen it this morning on galaxy store so expect it today on play store too. Welcome back to pokemon on the S20 range guys and gals.

0 Likes
Jimboong
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing the link...installed and seems to work well...realised how smooth our S20 screen is.

0 Likes
Marcis_K
Journeyman
Options
this worked out. Thanks
0 Likes
Shadowsheepcz
Apprentice
Options

Will you require some niantic compensation? for what we lost?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Just a post to let you know I've marked Slipmat's post as the 'solution' for this.

Hopefully, it is indeed finally sorted for you guys - but please post in this thread if version 0.173.2 doesn't work for you. 👍

0 Likes
T0pGun
Apprentice
Options

Nice worked for me as well!!! Finally after a greusome month of not playing Pokemon!!  Don't know why Play Store still doesn't have this update but thanks Samsung Store!  Thanks as well  !

0 Likes
valkkis
First Poster
Options

Now PlayStore work as well!

0 Likes
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Thanks for the update 

0 Likes