Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pokemon Go and the Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 03:04 PM)
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

While this is primarily a Niantic issue, perhaps a gentle 'nudge' from Samsung might get their attention. All Samsung Galaxy Store versions of PoGo starting with 0.170.0 and subsequent updates 0.171.1 and 0.171.2 will freeze a few seconds after starting the game, from various Forum Threads around it seems to be just the S20 Ultra has this issue, i also have an S8+ and i even resurrected an old S7 Flat to test it and all updates are fine on them, luckily a forced update hasn't happened yet but when it comes looks like S20 Ultra players will be locked out, just to point out this also happens on the Google Play Store versions so ball is in Niantic's court.

154 REPLIES 154
kitsune1920
Apprentice
Options

It seems like we are going to have to pass on another pretty big event.

Everyone is getting insane things while we cant even open the app. And its rediculous how a small problem like this on such a huge flagship phone can persist for 3 weeks.

0 Likes
Meobin07
First Poster
Options

Another joke from Niantic! I guess they will say : "pay me more and we will think about your issue!"

0 Likes
Ajbol
First Poster
Options

Still no working (0.173.0 on a S20.

0 Likes
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

Looks like Niantic have thrown us a bone and hope to have the issue fixed in "an upcoming update" which could range from next update to 10 updates later.

S20.jpg

Dazzapf
Explorer
Options

Not before time thanks for the info

0 Likes
KTeruya
First Poster
Options
Still upcoming...

4 updates and no fix at all.
0 Likes
Ipw133
Explorer
Options

Agreed. Ths looks like incompetence. 

0 Likes
Matick
First Poster
Options

There was last update on 17.04.2020 version is 173.0

Am having normal Samsung S20 and game still hangs 😞 question is when this update will be ready.

And am really interested in what is making this issue for this game to hang o S20? did any try to find out this ?

Thanks and take care

/Matt

0 Likes
Marcis_K
Journeyman
Options

Day 45 with my s20- still cant play pogo, exinos still heating my apartment, chrome glithing, tiktok started to not play videos on random profiles, hotspot still hot when high data usage.  Using all latest updates on phone and applications. Samsuns s20 base version 4g. 

0 Likes
kitsune1920
Apprentice
Options

Ive had no further problems with the S20+ or Ultra, heating seems to be extremely minimal compared to the S8,9 and 10 that I and my girlfriend have lying around. Which was indeed problematic on those phones but right now, it never gets hotter than a comfortable hand warming temperature which honestly, I really like. This is even though I run games on it afk farming day and night at max graphics and 120 fps, full cpu usage.

I havent had any chrome problem nor did I encounter any tiktok problems, hotspot hasnt had any problems either for me but ive used it only for about 3 or 4 hours total, so not much that I can base an opinion on there.

Thinking about it, that might be because I'm using the S20 Ultra myself and my gf uses the S20+ which are larger and have more heat dissipation due to the size and design differences. But I can say with quite some confidence that the + and Ultra versions are fine.

0 Likes