Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pokemon Go and the Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 08:15 PM)
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

While this is primarily a Niantic issue, perhaps a gentle 'nudge' from Samsung might get their attention. All Samsung Galaxy Store versions of PoGo starting with 0.170.0 and subsequent updates 0.171.1 and 0.171.2 will freeze a few seconds after starting the game, from various Forum Threads around it seems to be just the S20 Ultra has this issue, i also have an S8+ and i even resurrected an old S7 Flat to test it and all updates are fine on them, luckily a forced update hasn't happened yet but when it comes looks like S20 Ultra players will be locked out, just to point out this also happens on the Google Play Store versions so ball is in Niantic's court.

154 REPLIES 154
Ipw133
Explorer
Options
Agreed
0 Likes
Ipw133
Explorer
Options

I know they have very many lines of code to check, but that is their job. I am shocked as to why it is taking so long to resolve.

To me - it appears to crash when it is updating location (for the S20). It takes the first shot of where you are - but move, or change screen - then re-enter the main map, and it crashes. I have been noticing on my old phones that there is a deleay before retentering the main map, but it's that area where I think the problem is. Older phones appear to be able to resolve this, but the S20 apparently can't.

Thorkel
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on S20+. Tried everything, only have to wait on Niantic i guess....

0 Likes
Ipw133
Explorer
Options

I've sent feedback to Pokemon support. I noted that the navigation buttons remained white on a white background instead of turning grey/black. This may be an issue with the game and the Samsung game booster. I have turned off everything in that facility with no success. To me, this is the issue. Let's see if the developers get this information and find it helpful.

I know Samsung 'game booster' has caused some issues before, but not to the point of stopping the game.

0 Likes
Razer89
Student
Options
Jedyna dzialajaca wersja pokemon go 0.169.3 dostala wymuszona aktualizacje. A aktualna wersja ze sklepu samsung lub googleplay nadal sie zawiesza ! Kiedy to naprawia ?!
DarrenH92
Apprentice
Options

Same thing just happened to me, forced to update from 0.169.3. It was a nice work around while it lasted. Game hasn't been updated since 2nd Mar 0.171.3. Hoping for 0.171.4 or 0.172.0 soon

Slipmat
Explorer
Options

Yes, Niantic just forced update to 0.171.3 and surprise, surprise same issue, game freezes about 5 seconds after log in on my S20 Ultra.

Stumck
First Poster
Options
Yer same problem. Been playing old version since I got the phone. Just started the force update this evening
0 Likes
Icehunter
Journeyman
Options

Today Niantic forced the Update from 169.3 on a higher Version. 😞 I hat it. You bought a phone for more than 1000€ an cannot play your game. 

0 Likes
SathN
First Poster
Options

Pokemon Go 0.171.2  on S20+ does not work. Got 0.169.3 from APKMirror and its worked until 6th Apr . Received the onscreen msg to update it to latest version. Updated and it's not working since then.

0 Likes