Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POCKET DIALING

(Topic created on: 05-02-2023 09:18 AM)
MajorR
Apprentice
Options
Hi
How do I stop pocket dialing emergency services? Happening often anc never used to until about a month ago.
TIA
16 REPLIES 16
MajorR
Apprentice
Options
Hi
How do I stop pocket dialing emergency services? Happening often anc never used to until about a month ago.
TIA
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @MajorR  That is somewhat frustrating.   Can you check that you have Accidental Touch Protection switched on. Go to Settings-Display-Accidental Touch Protection.  You also may wish to deactivate the Smart  Lock if that is enabled.   Go to Settings-Lock Screen-Smart Lock.   Though that feature can be useful for Trusted Places.

Some information in this article https://techshift.net/how-do-i-stop-my-samsung-pocket-dialing/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @MajorR 

Can you double check the various Settings > Samsung > How-to-prevent-pocket-dialing-on-samsung-mobile-device. 

And in https://www.wired.com/story/stop-pocket-butt-dialing. 

There are more sites via a Google Search.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MajorR
Apprentice
Options
Hi James. ATP is activated and smart lock deactivated. What is making it dial when in pocket and moving, the power button?
0 Likes
gdogg
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same issue and same recency. There's obviously been a rogue update that needs reversing / fixing!
0 Likes
Theog
First Poster
Options
This has happened to me as well multiple times in the last fortnight
0 Likes
FrancisGuidera
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem and I'm going to write to my MP and have him demand that Samsung remove that f****** button from the lockscreen. It has caused me to call 999 multiple occasions over the last week including today!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@FrancisGuidera 

I do appreciate how frustrating this must be.

I'm not sure what your MP can do.

They may probably advise you to contact Samsung which can be achieved through your Samsung Members app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
FrancisGuidera
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure of the point of your comment. My MP can contact Samsung to request that they changed this policy of not allowing us to remove this from the lock screen because as lots of people are now apparently pocket dialing 999 Samsung are actually blocking real 999 calls from being made!
0 Likes