Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Please Share Screen On Time

(Topic created on: 21/02/21 16:43)
Solly321
Overseer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So I got my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G a few weeks ago and I've optimized the phone as best I can to get the most battery life possible, pretty much everything you could think of has been tweaked.

This SOT is from 8:30am till around 6:30pm, I was connected to a Bluetooth speaker (the JBL flip 5) the entire day and playing music on it all day, I used WiFi for a quarter of the day and kept my mobile data on 4G VoLTE constantly, I turned off auto brightness too and adjusted throughout the day in outdoors and indoors environments, rarely reaching 100% brightness unless watching YY videos.

I get around no bars to 2 bars of reception where I'm at but mostly 1 bar, my bDm is in the 90s to 116s so I think my poor signal is the reason my battery is draining so fast.

Is this the normal screen on time for this phone?

Please share your screen on time with your setup so I can make comparisons, thanks

EDIT: I'm using an exynos chipset

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @Solly321 

Please bear in mind I'm using the N20 Ultra Snapdragon version phone but in relation to set up and battery i.e screen on time I'll share mine.

I turn my phone off at 9pm and charge overnight.

I turn my phone back on at 5am.

I do get a full days usage with some change left in the battery i.e around 30 to 40% but please do take into account that battery stats and screen on time is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently and have different settings and preferences set along with different apps and usage habits.

I have the 120hz adaptive refresh rate turned On.

You could consider changing to 60hz to save battery.

Bluetooth is constantly On as I pair up my Samsung Frontier Watch and I use Spotify while commuting. I use either Samsung Buds Live or airpods pro.

NFC is constantly On as I use Google Pay frequently.

System wide Dark Mode is activated as it's my choice. Also any apps I can choose Dark Mode in their settings.

I don't use any 3rd party launchers.

I'm not a gamer so rarely play games on my phone which can deplete the battery. I see you do play the odd game  :winking-face: 

My signal where I reside , work and commute gives me 3 to full bars.

Right now it's - 93 dBm 47asu.

Poor signal connection can certainly help to drain battery as the phone is having to work harder to maintain connection.

My 5G is turned off in Settings, Connection's,  Mobile Network's i.e I choose 4G  / 3G / 2G Auto connect as I can't use 5G on my type of contract and 5G is a known battery resource right now too.

I have most of the Google Apps disabled such as Google Chrome as this is a known battery hog so I use Samsung Internet instead. 

The only Google App I have not disabled is Google Maps. Everything else is disabled,  force stopped and put into Deep Sleep in regards to Google and any Microsoft apps etc.

In Sleep mode I have around 3 to 4 apps in there.

Facebook is a known resource hog so some either use Facebook Lite or access their Facebook via their Url browser and force stop the Facebook App.

I use YouTube frequently and surf quite a lot.

Here are a couple of my screen shots I took a little while ago as a comparison to yours.

Screenshot_20201129-192848_Device care.jpg

 and

Screenshot_20201004-204506_Device care.jpg

If you need any further information in regards to my set up then don't hesitate to ask  :smiling-face:

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Solly321
Overseer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
You have a good SOT here, you must have good signal, plus yours is the Snapdragon variant. thanks for replying
0 Likes
ALSY
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, my battery was reasonably good before the latest update. I run my S20 in medium mode with full processor speed enabled, middling screen res and 5G off because we have no 5G on my network yet.

I was getting 1 day 5-6 hours standby and about 6-7 hours screen. Since the last update this month, I'm lucky to get 16hrs standby. it's pretty shocking.
Solly321
Overseer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hopefully that changes with the Android 11 update in January
0 Likes
ALSY
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Here's hoping. Fairly disappointed right now.
Uzoma
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
install galaxy labs if you dont have it, there u can access battery tracker and other battery and device optimisation apps

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.android.samsung.utilityapp&cId=000004665763