Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't rotate 180⁰

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 10:47 AM)
DB1892
Apprentice
Options
After the latest phone update, the screen won't rotate 180⁰. After speaking with Samsung, this appears to be down to the latest OneUI not supporting 180⁰ rotation. Very frustrating, as it worked perfectly before. 😡
11 REPLIES 11
Ray42
Voyager
Options
AFAIR none of the Samsung phones I've had do this. Just out of interest, why would you want the screen upside-down?
0 Likes
DB1892
Apprentice
Options
I use Google maps as a satnav in my wagon and when it's plugged into the charger it stands up properly
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Try the 'Rotation Control' app from Google Play.
Ray42
Voyager
Options
If you don't want to install an app, open Google Maps, select a place at random and start navigating to it. You can then invert the screen and exit from Maps and the screen stays upside-down.
0 Likes
DB1892
Apprentice
Options
I've downloaded one. Works great 👍🏻
0 Likes
Paulgoonerboy
Pioneer
Options
Not happy about this, can't rotate phone 180 degrees when in Google maps I use my phone in a phone holder in van the charging lead gets in the way in portrait mode hence why I have to reverse portrait mode upside down sort this out SAMSUNG there was nothing wrong it worked well.
Itzpi3
First Poster
Options

How the heck did this get past testing!? Guess im forced to use a 3rd party app to fix what wasn't broken to begin with on a phone that cost $1000+(Z Fold 3) Is there even a plan to fix this!?

0 Likes
TruckerPeter
Apprentice
Options
As above, it was fine before, why take the rotation out? I need to put my phone in the holder upside down because of the charging cable!
TC08
First Poster
Options

Mine always rotated fine before this update on 9-8-22. Since my phone plugs in on the bottom, I can not stand it up to view google maps because of the power cord, so I have to flip it over. Today I had to drive holding my phone to be able to see the map properly. This is not going to cut it. Why the hell did they change it. I guess I'm going to have to dump Samsung and look in to a new phone that I can use safely while driving.

I'm noticing more and more ignorant issues with developers, web designers, and programmers all the time. There is no logic in most of what they do. No common sense and completely clueless.

0 Likes