Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone friendly

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 04:24 PM)
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I just looked up how to use the quick panel on the Web. It's written by Samsung, and it's not at all phone friendly to the extent that its impossible to read on my Galaxy s20 fe.
.y text size is set to a value that usually allows .e to read most content. Since I bought my phone 18 months back I have yet to discover what the quick panel is.

As a computer programmer for 40 years in many computer languages, one of the first things that I learned when phones came out, was how to query the phone to find its text size. Once you find the size, you should then have a routine that rearranges your layout to make it readable.
Seems that Samsung has untrained programmers.

Same with screenshots. 
How one is supposed to press two buttons on the right of your phone at exactly the same instant I do not know. Never managed it yet. Sliding the edge of my palm across the screen sometimes works. But overall have given up all hope of taking a screen shot on this s20fe.
Other phones give you a simple way
 Press the power button and screenshot come up as an option.
SIMPLES!
18 REPLIES 18
Annie989
Voyager
Options
I know I'm on a different phone but this is the quick panel
it's trial & error with the two buttons coz with the fold 2 it's a nightmare with the palm swipeScreenshot_20210907-144325_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
Ps u need to touch the lower part of the volume button & with the finger scanner the top part of the button x
Kris G
Voyager
Options

as for the text size i have no problems with that, and if i want it smaller or bigger i can use the browser and tun on the 'desktop mode' , bcoz then i can use two fingers to resize the web page size;
and i have to agree on the screenshot feature, it does however work quite well with the hand swiping, but i would like a shortcut to be in the drop down menu or the ability to set it to the side key;

but all that is nothing to me, bcoz when i get notifications and sometimes there are dozens of, i find it hard to hit the 'clear' button, which is so damm tiny, it makes no sense for a 6inch screen to have a button that is that small.
As a compared to the other brands, that button never changes it's position 👍👍 you just don't have to look for it bcoz its always in the very same spot - it is always on the bottom center, and in case of Xiaomi, the easy to hit that button is extreme, it has same size as the icons for WiFi, Mobile Data etc. it is huge compare to what Samsung did.
Xiaomi has also the most options for screenshots 👌👌Screenshot_20210907-161308_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-07-16-47-54-378_com.android.settings.jpgAs seen on the second pic, Xiaomi has a total of 6 options to choose from in order to save a screenshot;

on Huawei 100% of what i can see on the screen can become a screenshot without even need to be ultra fast, as even a pop upmenu won't disappear when taking a screenshot 👌

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Annie. Not possible on my s20fe.
One needs to hold it in the left hand,and unless you have long thin fingers that twist unnaturally ots an impossible task. May work if you are a 7 stone child but I'm a 14 stone big fella. By the way, my finger scanner is on the front of the phone in the bottom centimetre in the centre.
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
My other phone is a Motorola. That has none if these defects. When I sell this it will be replaced by a Motorola, if I don't just bin it, together with the watch that came with it.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks Annie. I found it because it appears every time I switch on. But as my face is not recognised I then have to enter my pin. Then it's gone.
If I had been using a Samsung phone all my life I would probably have sussed it out. However, my first phone in 1982 was a Motorola, as all the later ones were. I thought I would buy one when I was in hospital for a few weeks having my pacemaker replaced. So would have time to learn how to use it. I have figured most of it out, ut the version of Android on this phone is what I call " Android with Covid"
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
But Kris, my phone is not a huawei. I could have had one for lots less cost, but have you never seen the little guy looking back at you through the camera and shipping it all back to China?
For years I was a hacker, so that's why I never bought a Huawei.
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
What a div my hubbie has this phone I forgot the finger sensor is on the front of phone well ur not alone this phones not good at recognising my face either so I know how u feel
I loved my motorola until I couldn't get it on 3 mobile then I wonder if it shows u on you tube how to take piccys I use you tube all the time to figure stuff
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
Haha
0 Likes