Did you mean: 

Original topic:

phone call echo S20

(Topic created on: 02/06/20 03:29)
SharaWx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My Samsung s20 is giving a bad echo and delay to call recipients. I cannot hear it myself but the person on the other line says its so unbearable that it makes carrying out a phone call conversation impossible as they cannot hear me over the echo/delay. It happens with all phone calls and removing my case does not change the issue.

62 REPLIES 62
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Does this happen everywhere or in one particular place @SharaWx 

I'm wondering if this is network problems.

Some network's have an online mast service checker to see if there are known issues with masts.

Also as a process of elimination can you try the Sim Card in another phone to help rule out the phone or Sim Card.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Cassidy007
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @SharaWx and welcome to the forum

If  never @BandOfBrothers  solutions don't works

To help us more, can you tell us if this is a problem since you have the phone or if it happened after a major android update ?

If this started after a major update, you should make a wipe cache partition on your device to clean the corrupted files

If it's recent, try cleaning cache and data in the phone application and restart the device 

Si votre problème est résolu suite à ma réponse ,  veuillez l'accepter comme solution . Merci
stef912
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

hi i am having the exact same problem and seem to find a solution anywhere. I have tried the above advice without any luck. Someone suggested turning off the hd calling but I cant find anywhere to do this. 

Rastislav1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am having same issues when calling someone on videochat, however if someone call me back is fine. Just calls going out are bad.

ianw
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
iam having the same problem with anyone who calls me!
ben_ten
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i have the same problem

0 Likes
Endlezz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Since today all incoming calls give an echo on the caller's side. Very annoying. It renders the phone unusable...

0 Likes
daan1111
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This is happening to me also after updates. It doesn't matter if the caller is calling me from a mobile phone or a landline they say there is a horrible echo. I have cleared the cache, turned down in call volume & asked them to do the same & nothing helps. Please sort this issue or tell me how to as it my business phone & it is very important that I can conduct business in a proper manner. 

0 Likes
Barabass
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Someone representing Samsung Who have seen the topic? 

0 Likes