Did you mean: 

Original topic:

overheating

(Topic created on: 20/03/21 04:18)
S20ultra5gheating
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Is anyone experiencing their s20 ultra 5g getting very hot even if its to text, browse news or check emails? Any advice how to sort this out?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Are you getting a pop up message on your phone's screen saying it's “ overheating @S20ultra5gheating 

The phone will warm up depending on what's being actioned on it in the background and what's been accessed by the user.

Some generic troubleshooting tips are …

1. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

3. Back up , remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

4. A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Doorstep Repair Service ( if applicable where you live and if the stores are open due to the pandemic ) can help.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Alyn89
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
There's away.
Go to Galaxy store, look for Galaxy labs, install, open, look for Galaxy app booster, install and give it a run... if it's a software issue, it may get fixed....if not, in the same Lab section there is thermal guardian, install that module as well and it should stop overheating.
0 Likes