Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original Photos Disappear After Saving an Edited Version

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 09:40 PM)
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

I accepted an update to my phone yesterday, and now when I edit any photos, the original disappears. It's not even in the trash. It's just gone. It never did this before. Indeed, I could edit a photo or crop it etc... a hundred times and save it and it would never eliminate the previous version of the photo. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be reset??

Go to solution
98 REPLIES 98
MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

I'm no coder, but I'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to do. Especially since it was already implemented.

But I would really like to hear from someone in the know.

0 Likes
Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
I'm a programmer and I know that plenty of things that sound simple to make/implement can be quite the opposite.
0 Likes
mollymuffin
First Poster
Options

Hey there! So I figured out if you filter a photo and save you can go back into the filters and click original and it will remove the filter. Cropping I'm not sure but at least that was one revert. Such an annoying update!!!! Wish they would return it to the way it was 

MammaMoon75
Journeyman
Options

AGREE!!

Daz3010
First Poster
Options
is there any way I can undo the update as I find it incredibly annoying that you have to make so many steps just to keep the original. why wasn't this explained before the update.
such a stupid update now I have informed my family and friends not to do updates.
STRONG22
Student
Options

This was making me nuts. I hate the new update.  I downloaded Google photos and set it to automatically backup my pics, that way if my Samsung deletes the original I at least have a back up. Ughh tho

STRONG22
Student
Options

I have three dots at the bottom right (none at top) I clicked them and saving photos is not an option. 😭 Samsung note10+.   I hate this new update!

kirz
Journeyman
Options

omg actually same. i just updated my M21 and i cropped a few selected images and the original images are now replaced and gone. 

seriously, it's so annoying having to hit the three dots on the top right each time to save an original copy if i want to crop something. i hate this part of the update. i don't understand why we can't just get the original image saved and delete it according to our own will from the gallery. will Samsung fix this or is it going to stay bad for us?

kirz
Journeyman
Options

thanks for this! i was searching my gallery for a solid few minutes to find the 'more options' lol. gosh.

kirz
Journeyman
Options

lol same. i just discovered this and half of my images disappeared