Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original Photos Disappear After Saving an Edited Version

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 04:51 PM)
chuckjbt
Apprentice
Options

I accepted an update to my phone yesterday, and now when I edit any photos, the original disappears. It's not even in the trash. It's just gone. It never did this before. Indeed, I could edit a photo or crop it etc... a hundred times and save it and it would never eliminate the previous version of the photo. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be reset??

98 REPLIES 98
Mrs_Sosa
First Poster
Options

Mine did the same thing after the update too!!! 

MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

But why?!?!

It was fine as it was before. Now it's just stupid. Why do I have to make one/two steps/taps more than before?

Who thought that this would be a good idea?

I just don't get it.

MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

Again. Why is this better than if it was doing it automatically as it was before. 

Why? 

Samsung seems to be doing a lot of stupid changes lately.

Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
it was changed to be like this so people's galleries aren't cluttered with multiple copies of an image. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
0 Likes
MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

Agree 1000%

0 Likes
MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

Agree. If some stupid exec thought it would be better this way... they could've just left a toggle for the customer that don't agree with this stupid "decision". It wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Yet now we are forced into it.

I'm 99% sure my next phone won't be a Samsung. A pitty... but if that's how they want it... that's what they'll get.

MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

So what you're saying is that "the many" are so stupid that they are unable to delete a pic from the gallery? 

Serving the stupid... eh? 

While it may have worked for apple... it won't work for samsung. 

Even 

A donkey only steps on ice once!

😁😋

Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
it's a change that has been welcomed and even asked for by many, there is just a few complaining about it.
0 Likes
MarkHemig
Journeyman
Options

Ok I get it. But would it be really that hard to leave a toggle? An option to revert back to what you like? How hard could it be?

As I said... I'm not going to deal with it much longer. When my s20+ takes its last breath... I'm sure as hell not buying a samsung again.

P.s. - it's not only because of this "thing"... it's a cumulative

Dunkel
Pioneer
Options
it could be incredibly easy, but it could also be incredibly hard or even impossible to add a toggle. we have no idea.
0 Likes