Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Cancellation - Carrier Activation Issue

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 04:06 AM)
BHendrix
First Poster
Options

Hello. I ordered a cell phone from Samsung.com  for the Samsung S20+ on Verizon. After awaiting order processing, Samsung cancelled my order and stated it was a carrier issue and to contact the carrier. I contacted Verizon Wireless, spoke with a supervisor and regular rep who reviewed my account and saw no reason that I would not be able to purchase the phone via samsung and to contact Samsung. I contacted Samsung customer support over the phone, spoke with a supervisorwho informed me of an internal issue with Samsung and Verizon that was causing multiple cancellations and stating it was a carrier issue, even though the carrier was stating there was no issue. I was advised by the supervisor to re-order my phone.  2 days after the 2nd order, 4 days after the original order, I recieve notice that my order is cancelled once again to to a carrier issue that they have no knowledge of. I reached out to Verizon Wireless, as per Samsung's recommendation once again and was told there was no carrier issue. Verizon called Samsung customer service to verify and also inquire why they were sending customers to verizon about an order they had no part in the cancellation of. I have spoken to various members of the ECOMMERCE team and no one has been able to come up with a resolution. It's a back and forth that is not only poor customer service, but a horrible experience for someone just trying to buy a phone. I've been told it was due to carrier financing, but no application for carrier financing was put in, as I was purchasing the phone outright. Then I was told it was due to some Verizon/Samsung corporate issue...then I was told blatantly by the department that was supposed to assist.."I don't know what the issue is, and neither does my team". This is not the way that I expected my purchase experience with Samsung to go.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not a good experience at all @BHendrix  !!

Forgive me for asking as I'm a UK Customer so things maybe different here to the states.

Is there any reason you couldn't get the phone direct through your Network and not Samsung  ?

It very much sounds like you are caught up inbetween red tape from Samsung and your Network.     😞

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nannoo28
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue as you are only my carrier is AT&T. I have placed two orders with the same result. Samsung customer service keeps telling me to contact my carrier which I did TWICE and once in store. I received the same answer each time. My account is in good standing and I have two eligible devices for an upgrade and they see no issue to cancel any orders. AT&T also told me they could see neither of the two attempted orders in their system.

Heck my account as it sits right now is at a $0.00 balance so itis not a old bill that is holding it up and both my devices are paid for.

I have been on the phone multiple times with Samsung and their customer service dept has been no help to me AT ALL. I told them that I had spoken with my carrier and there was nothing there. I explained to them SEVERAL times that AT&T will not activate a device until the customer has the device in hand. Samsung just told me the carrier has 24 hours to activate the device or the order will be canceled. Samsung is AWARE of this issue were having yet they know of no solution.

I repeatedly and politely asked to speak to someone higher than the less than knowledgeable supervisor or even another department that could help FIND a solution but apparently I could go no higher than the sup I was talking to (her words not mine)

I am only ordering from Samsung because I get a better deal on the device and my accessories but at this point I way as well give up and go a different route. I've been with Samsung since the Note 2. Heck even my washer/dryer, TV and refrigerator are Samsung. But THIS experience just sucks. Ughhhh!!!

Someone please help me with a solution. I just want my phone and be able to make my payments to AT&T like the site SAYS that I can. 

HEEEEELLLLLLLP!!!!

0 Likes
Nichole Ventura
First Poster
Options

Sitting in the same boat currently. Did anyone get any resolution or just give up?

0 Likes
Brenchen
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. Been going around and around between Samsung and AT&T. Placed two orders under my phone number. Both times received an email from AT&T telling me to review order. On second order tried to find out why first order was cancelled, runaround, runaround. Was told by Samsung that the carrier would not activate chip, was told by AT&T they don't seen any order despite receiving an email to review order, phone showing in MYAT&T app and having a contract pending 🤦‍♀️ was going to switch to Verizon, but see Verizon having same issue, and read somewhere else online that a T-Mobile customer had the same issue too. I don't know. Between Samsung less than stellar customer service "Its AT&T's fault, contact AT&T." Ok but what were you trying to activate? Carrier financing? SIM chip? Since AT&T customer rep doesn't even see the order, I really don't have a clue which one it is! 

Keep telling me to purchase an unlocked phone, wtf why would I do that? I lose $550 in trade in credit when I do that! At this point if this order gets cancelled I'm just gonna stick with the fruit! If this is the kind of runaround I get just trying to order the phone, I can't imagine what service would be like if I actually got it!

0 Likes
Brenchen
Apprentice
Options

Ok, so update. My phone is finally shipping with carrier financing, so I figured I'd share in hopes it will help someone else.

On May 16th I placed an order through AT&Ts website. The Enjoy rep(AT&Ts delivery subcontractor) brought the phone out, said he had a problem with his app, would go back to the shop and pick up another phone. When he left, he cancelled my order without my permission. But wait, it gets better! Not only did he cancel the order he put a hold on my account!

So the hold was unbeknownst to me. I placed an order the same day (the 18th) with Samsung.com. Everything looked like it was fine. Got an email from Samsung confirming the order, got an email from AT&T telling me of the order. Then the order got cancelled due to the hold. Called AT&T, "why did you cancel my order?". AT&T said they didn't even see the order, much less cancel it. Lovely! AT&T told me to place another order and call their secondary department on Monday and gave me their number. Placed the order and called the number she gave me on Monday, turns out it was a fax number. Called AT&T loyalty department back. " Don't worry, your order will be fine." Day order was supposed to be delivered, got cancelled.

Finally, got a halfway decent AT&T representative that day. So come to find out the little s*** from Enjoy that had canceled my order had put a hold on my account not in just one system, oh no, he put it in FOUR systems! Representative cleared out all of his holds, but recommended I use my husband's upgrade because the last hold would take a couple of days to drop off.

So

1) no the order getting cancelled is not Samsung's fault, its AT&Ts 

2) if you create an order with AT&T and it gets cancelled, keep in mind there are four different places a hold can be put on your account.

3) if you have more than one line on your account, quit banging your head against the AT&T wall and try another line if you can!

Brenchen
Apprentice
Options

Ok, so update. My phone is finally shipping with carrier financing, so I figured I'd share in hopes it will help someone else.

On May 16th I placed an order through AT&Ts website. The Enjoy rep(AT&Ts delivery subcontractor) brought the phone out, said he had a problem with his app, would go back to the shop and pick up another phone. When he left, he cancelled my order without my permission. But wait, it gets better! Not only did he cancel the order he put a hold on my account!
So the hold was unbeknownst to me. I placed an order the same day (the 18th) with Samsung.com. Everything looked like it was fine. Got an email from Samsung confirming the order, got an email from AT&T telling me of the order. Then the order got cancelled due to the hold. Called AT&T, "why did you cancel my order?". AT&T said they didn't even see the order, much less cancel it. Lovely! AT&T told me to place another order and call their secondary department on Monday and gave me their number. Placed the order and called the number she gave me on Monday, turns out it was a fax number. Called AT&T loyalty department back. " Don't worry, your order will be fine." Day order was supposed to be delivered, got cancelled.

Finally, got a halfway decent AT&T representative that day. So come to find out the little s*** from Enjoy that had canceled my order had put a hold on my account not in just one system, oh no, he put it in FOUR systems! Representative cleared out all of his holds, but recommended I use my husband's upgrade because the last hold would take a couple of days to drop off.

So

1) no the order getting cancelled is not Samsung's fault, its AT&Ts 

2) if you create an order with AT&T and it gets cancelled, keep in mind there are four different places a hold can be put on your account.

3) if you have more than one line on your account, quit banging your head against the AT&T wall and try another line if you can!

0 Likes