Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

OneDrive No Longer Synching from SD Card to OneDrive Camera Roll Folder On S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 31-10-2020 02:47 PM)
Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

I have an S20 Ultra and I can no longer synch my photos from my SD card to the OneDrive Camera Roll folder. It will only sync from internal storage to a new folder called Camera and this becomes a hassle because of limited space on the internal storage and requires constant moving around of pictures and videos. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a work around to some how get the SD card to sync again with OneDrive photos. I bought this phone mainly because of the camera and this is very dissappointing. 

63 REPLIES 63
Solution
jssilver
Journeyman
Options

In the OneDrive app, select Camera Upload:

Screenshot_20200901-173908_OneDrive_LI.jpg

then select Additional folders:

Screenshot_20200901-173926_OneDrive.jpg

I turned off "Notify me when a new media folder is found".  It seems that by default the app discovers those folders but doesn't enable them.  There may be another setting that controls that, but you can see that those folders are turned off on my phone.

Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

I have that turned off also. The only folder that was on was the camera folder. I don't have one for screenshots. My phone is picking up the album art from the my music folder on OneDrive. Anyway this is good to keep turned off. Thank you. 

snami
First Poster
Options

It solved my problem

0 Likes
LeeLeeLee1
First Poster
Options

Hi  - very pleased to find this solution. My photos are backing up from my SD card as I type. Thank you.

larcomp
First Poster
Options

Also signed up especially to say thank you. So irritating this...

Noobey07
First Poster
Options

I had to do another step after disabling Samsung Cloud, because after all the instructions from Wiggins45 it still did not want to sync. I ejected the SD card and rebooted the phone and now my card syncs.

0 Likes
Dynamac
First Poster
Options

The solution above pointed me in the right direction but i got a bit confused along the way as I couldn't find "additional security options"

I found that microsoft actually has a page to explain how to disconnect: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...

So what I did:

1. For me. in my microsoft account under security settings I see "advanced security options", one of the options was Samsung log in. When I tried to remove it, it keeps popping up with an error without explaining why - microsoft does this a lot.

2. I then went via the link for "additional security options" in microsoft's guide page for how to disconnect samsung gallery (at the bottom of the page). This brought me to the "Apps and services you've given access" page, which I couldn't figure out how to access directly from my microsoft account homepage. 

3. Here I removed the Samsung account. There was also a samsung cloud link which I didn't remove at this point. 

4. I went back to "advanced security options", and with samsung account link removed from the connected apps section I could now remove the samsung login. This also removed the samsung cloud link. It is possible all I had to do was remove the app links and keep the samsung login option under "advanced security options", but I removed everything anyway.

5. I restarted the onedrive app and everything is back to normal and app settings now says "camera upload" instead of "gallery sync". Also if you go to samsung gallery settings and Cloud Sync - it will now ask you to reconnect to onedrive, which was the beginning of our unfortunate decision to connect.

gvickers63
First Poster
Options

I just came across the SD problem on my S7. This fix was great! Many thanks 😊

Zakalwe
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, the part with the "Advanced Security Settings" was a missing piece for me. Even after that, and rebooting the phone, I still had to click a bit back and forth in the OneDrive app settings for "Camera Upload" to reappear. I think it was going into my account settings (within the OneDrive app) and back again that eventually triggered the switch.

Members_mWrNkMI
First Poster
Options

Honestly you are a legend!!! This worked perfectly. Thanks :smiling-face: