Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 02:45 PM)
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Since updating the software on my s20fe when ever im using my phone I'm getting the "device is Getting too hot"  message popping up  more and more, is there anything I can do to fix this, last time it happened the engineer said it was a software throttling issue and would be sorted with an update, why are Samsung sending out updates wth issues 5hat cause people's devices to over heat🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, have you done the usual clear cache etc? I would also recommend running repair apps when in recovery to clear system cache.
0 Likes
Siliux
Journeyman
Options
How long have you had this phone for? It could be that a component inside your phone could have failed and its causing the battery to heat up. The amount of applications you have on your phone could also have an effect as they can also run in the background. This drains more battery and causes more heat.
0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Had it nearly 2 years, it's already had 3 repairs don't by Samsung themselves for pars failing, camera wouldn't work screen malfunctioned, it's had mother boards and everything replaced pretty much a new phone inside🤣it's been fine for past 3months since last repair but I just did the update and it's started saying over heating.
0 Likes
onesock
First Poster
Options
Can not purchase mp3 music from my A21s on Amazon
0 Likes
Siliux
Journeyman
Options
Does the phone feel hot?
0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
I wouldn't say it's too hot but yeah it does feel slightly warmer than usual, Ive just been reading a different thread, tis is happening to quiet a few different people's devices since the update to UI 4.1.
0 Likes
Siliux
Journeyman
Options
Its most likely just optimisation issues happening with old phones, example being Old phones using more power to support and run the new update. So maybe that's why it's been getting hotter but maybe not
0 Likes
MGLeon
Navigator
Options
Do you use Google messenger as there was an article in the Express about it keeping the camera on in that app and causing overheat issues
0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Use SoundCloud and get SoundCloud downloader online, or Spotify, why are you buying music in 2022🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes