Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications missing

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 08:33 AM)
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
Yesterday I received the one UI 5 android 13 update and every since I've noticed my notifications go missing. The notifications come through but they don't show up in the notification tray or in the status bar at the top. I then have to restart my phone and it works for a few hours and then the same same thing happens again until I restart my phone. 

This is affecting all notifications, not just notifications from downloaded app. I have also noticed it with system notifications such as charging status ect

This is not at all practical. 

Is there a fix for this????
18 REPLIES 18
Sinchana Yadav
First Poster
Options

I've have the same issue with my phone..😔 it's so bad , this update has ruined my whole phone...When I put my phone to LOCKDOWN MODE & later open the phone with the pin or pattern , the notifications that came to my phone while the LOCKDOWN MODE was on, they won't appear in home screen & later I don't get any notifications display either on my lock screen or home screen. This is so bad, I regret updating my phone

0 Likes
maurol91
Journeyman
Options

Buonasera, da possessore di Z Fold 3 confermo il bug dopo l'aggiornamento ad Android 13 e One UI 5. In seguito all'attivazione della modalità di blocco dopo un po' di tempo spariscono completamente tutte le notifiche, comprese quelle di sistema, inoltre non vengono salvate nemmeno da Notistar (modulo di Good Lock). Ciò nonostante arrivano in quanto il telefono suona e vibra.

Spero che un aggiornamento possa risolvere al più presto questo problema.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

According to the translator, @maurol91 has written the following:

"Good evening, as the owner of the Z Fold3, I confirm the bug after updating to Android 13 and One UI 5. After activating the block mode, after some time all notifications disappear completely, including system ones. Moreover, they are not even saved by Notistar (a module within Good Lock). Nonetheless, they arrive as the phone rings and vibrates. I hope an update will fix this issue soon."

Thanks very much for your post, @maurol91. If possible, however, please write your future posts in English, as it will ensure that the Community users will see it the first time.

If it's easier for you, however, there is a separate Samsung Members Community for our Italian customers (and enthusiasts!):

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/italiano/ct-p/it

0 Likes
fe40
First Poster
Options

The same has happened to me with my S20+.  I received the update about a week ago and my notifications worked for a while then would come through but not show in the notification bar. Had to restart then the notifications showed up for a good few days until about a day ago when another update came in. Then my notifications stopped showing up again as of last night until this morning when I had to do another restart.

What is the fix to this? As all notifications are being affected.

Daimytron
Explorer
Options

Can see more and more people are writing about this problem.

Hope something will happen soon. This problem has to be solved. Because it is very annoying.

eduakira
Student
Options

Have the same bug. But if you enter in your Secure Folder, notifications come back to life even if you leave Secure Folder.

Better than restarting phone.

Aminah
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the tip.

I did send a bug report and apparently they didn't find anything wrong 🙃 🤦🏽‍♀️🙄

Guess we'll just have to live with this trick
0 Likes
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
I did send an error report but apparently they couldn't find a fault 🤷🏽‍♀️