Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 09:07 AM)
Larchef
First Poster
Options
Hi I'm not getting notifications for my text messages please help s20 fe 4g model thank 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KholaI
Options

Hey there @Larchef 

Could you please clear the app cache, to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear cache. Alongside this, please ensure notifications are switched on by heading back into Apps > Messages > Notifications.

0 Likes
Yidette
Apprentice
Options
I've got the same problem with the 5g version of this phone, clearing the cache does not help.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Can you start your phone in Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs? This will temporarily disable most third-party apps and allow your phone to run on its most basic interface. To enter this mode, hold the Power button > Hold Power Off icon > Tap Safe Mode. Whilst in this mode, please ask one of your contacts to send you a message. Also, please ensure 'Silent' mode is disabled by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping on the Sound icon.

If the issue doesn't occur whilst in Safe Mode, it points to the issue being caused by a third-party app. If this is the case, I'd advise you to remove your third-party apps one by one until you find the culprit.

Once you've tested the messaging, simply restart your phone to exit Safe Mode.

0 Likes