Did you mean: 

Original topic:

notification issue when connected to wifi

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 02:36 PM)
k9laura
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I am having an issue with my phone not receiving any notifications when connected to my home wifi, once I leave the house or turn wifi off I get a load of notifications all at once. I'm guessing it's an issue with my wifi, has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChetS
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
who is your Internet provider? If sky do you have sky shield on? I am on sky and if sky shield is on i hardly get any notification.
0 Likes
ChetS
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Someone with similar issue has advised as per this link. Maybe worth a try https://www.quora.com/Why-am-I-not-getting-notifications-on-my-Android-when-Im-connected-to-Wi-Fi
0 Likes
k9laura
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I use a 4g router from three
0 Likes
k9laura
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
tried this already didn't work
0 Likes
k9laura
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it's a 4g router though three network my broadband speeds are unusable lol
0 Likes
k9laura
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
just to add its only an issue with my Samsung devices my husbands iPhone doesn't have this issue at all
0 Likes
Tcopi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue.  To resolve it, we had to activate developer options.  you do this by going to settings, about phone, software information, then click on build number around 5 times (a pop up will show how many more times you need to click it).

Go back into the main setting list and click on developer options.  Scroll down until you see "Mobile data always active", click that on.

This corrected our issue of not receiving notifications and uses little to no lte/5g data.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes