Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Noticed battery drain when using certain websites on my Samsung S20. Any tips optimizing power consumption during web browsing

(Topic created on: 22-11-2023 12:26 PM)
Montgomery Ravenshaw
First Poster
Options

Hey community! I've recently noticed a significant battery drain on my Samsung S20 when using specific websites. It's a bit perplexing, and I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and if you have any tips or tricks for optimizing power consumption during web browsing.

I've tried various things like adjusting display settings and closing background apps, but the drain seems to be persistent on certain sites. If you've successfully tackled a similar problem or have any insights into optimizing power usage on the Samsung S20, I would greatly appreciate your advice!

Also, feel free to share any general tips for extending battery life during web browsing on Android devices. It's always good to have a collective pool of knowledge to make our smartphone experiences better.

2 REPLIES 2
SPUDWOLF
Voyager
Options
Hello there.

I would recommend turning on Adaptive brightness so it's not too high.

Instead of using the 120Hz maybe drop down to 60hz if your just doing browsing.

Also use FHD+ quality instead of QHD+ in the display settings. Reason is that you don't really notice a difference and can save a lot of power.

Also maybe turn on battery saver.

If you using chrome I belive there is advanced hardware acceleration enabled in there settings. Make sure to turn that off and it will help with lower ram usage.

Also go into the battery settings in your phone to also check what app has the highest battery usage as maybe that could be something to cause the issue.

Hope this helps
0 Likes
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Download good guardians from the galaxy app store. In that there are two extensions, battery guardian and galaxy app booster. Both will help greatly 👍
0 Likes