Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notication Bar Lagging after last Update

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 12:54 AM)
Alex-Arte
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

i  just updated Samsung S20+ 5G to android 12 and its so laggy. Its this just me or its normal on other same devices? Because its really annoying to have a 120Hz display and just see how the animation of samsung notification bar is laggy

Alex Arte.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Alex-Arte 

Please try this......

Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Alex-Arte: To further troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness, and make sure that this is set to Adaptive. Now, navigate to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now > Memory > Clean Now. 

0 Likes
Steveeeee
First Poster
Options

I also have the exact same issue. On Samsung s20. Cleared cache and didn't fix anything. First thing I checked after the update was whether the screen was in 120hz or not. So annoying to have a high refresh rate screen and the notification bar pulling down is super slow. Would love a fix for this. Hopefully soon.

0 Likes
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

Same here, pretty dissapointed with Samsung for releasing it this glitchy. There are numerous posts regarding the ui 4.0 android 12 update causing lagging, reset phone etc. 

I am also expereincing exactly the same, really annoying go to use the Internet and end up with the Samsung logo, a black screen followed by telling me to enter my pin as the phone has being restarted. 

Pointless making the record on camera instant when everything crashes before being able to open the camera. 

Oleg-radiokot
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S20 FE

0 Likes
Fleximus
First Poster
Options

I think the fe us getting a fix.. I hope the og s20 verients get theirs 

0 Likes