Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls after last update

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 08:23 PM)
Dd661
First Poster
Options

Phone last updated 17th. Phone does not register when it’s called. T-mobile guys spent an hour troubleshooting and it’s def a Samsung problem. Can call out, send/receive data etc. Any one else had this issue with S20 FE?

18 REPLIES 18
sal40
Apprentice
Options
I have no dial tone on my a52s 5g, says calling but I can't hear a thing, an it's doesn't connect, I have to try ringing people about 3 times before it actually gets through
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dd661 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Also if possible try another sim card in your phone.

If it still does not work then reset your network settings in your General Management area.

As a last resort try > 

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files. 

Back up and factory reset.

A Samsung Service Centre can help you too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Sabreenah
First Poster
Options

I receive calls  but they don't appear on the screen like they used to. I have to go to the top of the screen and pull down and answer that way. 

I

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sabreenah : Can you try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call display while using apps, and set this to 'Full screen'. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Members_hXVp4XA
First Poster
Options

Samsung S22 brand-new can not receive calls at all the problem is Android 12. Samsung ****** ******* their phones. I have the same problem not just with this model but with many models of Samsung with Android 12 version

When are you going to fix it?

Myself have a Note 20 Ultra 5G which as soon as I had updated to Android 12 it started to have the same problems with calls and SMS not coming at all, but lucky me that Samsung ******* didn't upgrdaed my bit number so I downgraded it immediately to Android 11 and have no issues whatsoever with Android 11.....

Step by step Samsung are sliding towards becoming a ******* company like Apple

0 Likes
arvindjs
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issue. Messages come in very late/sporadically and fail when i try to send them. I can can make outgoing calls but never receive incoming calls. Only time i've received incoming calls are if my phone is active on another call already. I don't even get missed call notifications unless they leave a voicemail.

Don't know what the issue is but started after the update. I will probably switch phones now 😕

samsung s20fe 5g SMG781B. Tmobile is my provider. I'm in the United States though.

0 Likes
MrsKeisa
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Updated my S21 5G (T-Mobile) yesterday and since then I can't receive any calls. Tried everything on the list, still not working. I'm so dissapointed in Samsung right now. 

0 Likes
Akd54
First Poster
Options

I have had this problem after the last update too.

I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried flashing previous software and it says the software is corrupt and it can't boot into download mode. It's been a week now. I'm. Thinking I have to get a  burner phone until a new update is released? 

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

Same stuff. A72 here. Phone was working great. Then I did update in the middle of June 2022 and that ghost bug started getting on my nerves.  Really. Texts received and send from time to time. Phone calls looks ***** they went through for caller but you just don't see it at all. So the caller starts to think you are ignoring him.  I hope Samsung will make a hot fix soon. Mobile data however is working great despite phone calls and text bugs

Screenshot_20220805-121249_Settings.jpg

0 Likes