Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Not getting WhatsApp notifications

(Topic created on: 07/02/21 01:00)
She_D3vil20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey please can someone help! I have a Samsung s20 fe. I uninstalled WhatsApp and when I reinstalled it I would not longer get my notifications through unless I opened the app.. I've gone through everything I can find.. power saving mode is off.. I've checked the notification settings on the phone and app, background apps, restarting phone reinstalling WhatsApp again but nothing works!

Totally stressing me out!

It's also saying on WhatsApp that it's not available but it's been working the entire time until I uninstalled the app the first time.

Please help I'm ready to launch the phone back to Samsung ha!

Screenshot_20210206-134823_WhatsApp.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Tron
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Have you checked your app permissions and system notifications?

Screenshot_20210207-010001_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-010032_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
She_D3vil20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yeah I have... I thought it might be something to do with a update.. it's randomly started to work for now but it's really sporadic .. thank you for replying though
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
you may have to reinstall WhatsApp.but I would back it up first. you can do that by launching whatsapp then going to settings and backup then backup now. it will save to your google drive account I believe.
0 Likes
She_D3vil20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hey I have tried that too but I will try again
I've just asked someone to message me and they are now saying that on there end it only has 1 tick. but when I open the app it delivers and then I get a notification.
my mind is blown ha
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
oh. that is odd. could you call samsung? or update whatsapp or your phone? or even factory reset?
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
or try looking in do not disturb
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
and around that area
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
WhatsApp is not compatible with Android 11, nothing you or Samsung can do about this. You will have to wait for an update to WhatsApp.
0 Likes
She_D3vil20
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thank you!