@shadmist: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is the sound problem only affecting incoming calls? For clarity, are you unable to hear the caller, or are they unable to hear you? In the meantime, please take a look at the basic troubleshooting steps below.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. This will Soft Reset the phone, and address any temporary issues.
- Remove any cases or covers from the phone
- Head to Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Cache
- When on a call, use the Volume Up button on the side of the phone to adjust the call volume
- Try your SIM in another compatible device, if possible, to see if the issue persists. This will help to determine if the issue is related to your network or the phone itself.
S20 5G Android 11 update and now the phone does not ring for an incoming call, only vibration. Bluetooth link with the watch is off, changed to different sounds, it plays music, can make a call, did a couple of hot and cold restarts but still the same problem, any idea other than reset everything to factory default?
Hello, I have the same problem. Since I updated to android 11 I have no audio (ring tone) when there is an incoming call. Everything else works fine. Maybe a bug? S20 Ultra 5G
Hi @OJCD. Can you check if the issue occurs. in Safe Mode? To activate this, hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together for a few seconds and then long press on Power Off on the screen (this will change to Safe Mode so tap on that to restart). Third party apps are disabled during this and if your phone behaves normal, it indicates on of them is causing the issue and I recommend deleting apps one by one until you find the culprit.