Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

no connection mobile data?

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 08:47 PM)
FERNEEX
Pathfinder
Options
My Samsung galaxy FE 5g will not connect to Mobile data I have a three sim as my Maine sim ,this is the sim that will not connect,it makes phone calls ,sends messages without issue ,I called three about 5 times as I was told different ways to resolve this in the end I did a factory reset but this did not help ,I put the sim in another phone and the data worked . I did receive android 11 update and thought this could have caused the issue but I was told it was not the problem, I called sky mobile who i got the phone of , I have a sim with them but it's not used for any of the above they said that it may be APN  so I called three again they said as the sim worked in another phone,that the phone was faulty, so I called Samsung they said that it was not he phone as it's fairly new and said it was no the update I've ordderd another sim to see if it's the sim , I've got ,bir I don't think it is of anyone as an answer and a fix I would really appreciate it as I've been trying to work this out for the last two days , i can usually work these thing out without issue but this is just frustrating . Please help

Thank you
PF
PF
23 REPLIES 23
AlanTee
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue, i loose the data signal after leaving the house. It will taken obtain a signal after 30-40 minutes. frustrating as this only started once I got the android 11 UI 3 update
0 Likes
Ryan291
First Poster
Options

This has been happening to me and been driving me mad.

I think it’s 5g related. The phone is not moving from 5g automatically back to 3 or 4g for whatever reason. So if you don’t have 5g in your area you’ll have no mobile data signal at all. 

I got it working by going to Settings < Mobile Networks < Network Mode”.

I changed from “5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)”.... to...

”LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)”

Doing this fixed the problem for me. 

0 Likes
Gaxy2005
First Poster
Options

I upgraded to a S20 FE too and had the same problem. Spoke to Samsung and Three without success and got a new handset as itvwas deemed a handset problem. New handset had the same issue - spoke to Smart Tutor who told me it's a known problem caused by Three's latest upgrade but to try selecting 2g, then 3g, then 4g and eventually 5g to resolve the issue. Thankfully it seems to have worked but not before me being without a phone for nearly 3 weeks.

0 Likes
Lolo72
First Poster
Options

I'm having major issues with mobile data on my S20 FE 5G, I can't get any mobile data on Three, they tried the steps that have been posted and no luck, tried it in an S10+ and perfect.  Brand new phone and can't use it when I need it, any other ideas as I'm a carer and really need to have my phone 

0 Likes