Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC greyed out

(Topic created on: 05-09-2022 12:09 AM)
Ruthw169
Apprentice
Options

NFC has stopped working on my Galaxy S20.  I have repeatedly cleared cache and data on NFC and restarted my phone which gas not helped.  I have had to start carrying my card around with me again.

I just installed the latest software update but still doesn't work.

10 REPLIES 10
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Restart your phone to start off with, then make sure NFC is switched on. Sounds stupid I know but it's easy to switch it off without even realising. I've done it myself in the past.
0 Likes
Alan-Hazard
Navigator
Options
Working on my S22 I believe Samsung had a security breech. I don't know if they disabled the feature until it was sorted.
0 Likes
Ruthw169
Apprentice
Options

I have tried every way I can think of to turn NFC on and it turns itself off straight away. if I turn it on here it still appears greyed out:

Screenshot_20220906-103751_Settings.jpg

Landy2304
Explorer
Options

Did you find a solution to the issue in hand? Cause i have the exact same thing.  And i:

1. Cleared nfc cache and memory

2. Reset all settings

3. Opened in safe mod and had same issue,  but sometimes allows me to close it,  but doesn't resolve the issue. 

4. I used Samsung members app for diagnose,  and it came up with nfc works as standard, nothing faulty.

So i assume there might be a bug somewhere. Or 2 apps which calls for nfc...i just don't know. 

Please help

0 Likes
Ruthw169
Apprentice
Options
No, I have done all those things too with no luck. I think it is a bug
Members_9fuOtZx
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my S20

0 Likes
mariacangrejo
First Poster
Options
Any fixes on this issue? I have the same problem
0 Likes
spennyp
First Poster
Options
Has anyone been informed of a solution? Tried the same as above and still no success..
Gilsil
Student
Options

Is there any solution for this? Greyed out NFC, can't use Samsung or Google pay