Did you mean: 

New Update

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 09:34 PM)
Geordieboy
Navigator
Options
Hi.

Did the new update today.

Has anyone experienced a quicker battery drain since updating? Mine is draining about 1% every 2min. Just wondering if its anything to do with it.
4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the phone system cache and that should fix the problem 😎.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Geordieboy 

The phone will quite possibly be indexing itself after the update and should settle down.

Please try a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and On and please do follow @LiquidSnake excellent tip of clearing the phone's system files cache if necessary.

This is performed via Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Official_Block
Navigator
Options
Try using Device Care regularly. If that doesn't help, try backing up your device and reset your phone or go get your phone fixed at your SIM card provider.
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Navigator
Options
I do the cache clearing every update anyways. Cheers though.

It's still draining quite quickly, but I'm getting used to it now. It's not drastically quick but even when it's not being used, it drains.
0 Likes