Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update landed

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 09:56 AM)
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
New 820mb+ firmware update appears to have landed for unlocked S20 5G G981B. 
Been running Android 12 since New Year's Eve but size of this release seems it may include some major fixes
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
woz140
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the heads up, just checked my S20+ 5G here in the UK & it's just landed. Screenshot_20220129-125903_Software update.png
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I'm trying to find the full change log to see what exactly it comprised of and fixes. Obviously has the Feb Security patch.... it's just what the other gubbins is in it to make it that size.
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

I hope it came with the fixes of the random auto-restarts, biometric crashes and just over-all stability of the system, it's been bad since 12 dropped. Also available in Central EU for me.

Bubblesthefish6
Journeyman
Options
Hmm, I'm on an SM-G986B (S20+ 5G) but I can't get the update yet. Wonder why. Can I force the update somehow?
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
If your handset is tied to a network then there can be a delay in them rolling out updates as they 'tweak' them. Mine was direct from Samsung and I was also on Beta testing for A12.
You can't force the update without going into flashing the software etc (and invalidating warranty).
The update is packaged with the Feb Security Patch so hopefully you'll get it soon - just keep checking via Software update in settings.
0 Likes
Bubblesthefish6
Journeyman
Options
my phone was second hand but it had a load of EE networks apps on. I don't use EE as I enjoy paying a reasonable amount per month for my phone. It's not locked (I'm on 3) but I'm to believe it runs EE firmware
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
You're in the hands of waiting for EE to publish the update to your current version via Samsungs' OTA system. It's a matter of sitting tight.
If you wanted to move away from EE firmware then generic firmware files are available - but I am neither promoting this nor advising this.
Bubblesthefish6
Journeyman
Options
I'm going to Odin flash the default software tonight.
Vigi
Student
Options

This update broke auto rotate. Am I the only one getting that? I turn my phone upside-down and the phone turns back to normal portrait mode...