Did you mean: 

New update Android 13 / One UI 5.0

(Topic created on: 03-12-2022 02:56 PM)
simonw741
Explorer
Options
Don't update lots of bugs after updating last night
Absurd that they roll this out with so many bugs

Following on from my first post to advise to turn your software update off so it don't update automatically, 

I updated mine last night thinking "Nice Android 13 / One UI 5.0" Update 

Looks cool on the pics, Reads Well with the new features. 

But please don't download so many bugs since last night it's been unbelievable. 

1st WiFi turns off automatically 

2nd you can not use Google one VPN 

3 You can not use secure WiFi Samsung one 

4 Emails I turn notifications off and then a hour later they magically appear again 30 on my screen beep friggixxg Beep 

5 Just tried to video call Samsung says 2 sec wait more like a 2 hour wait and the sound crackles like mad. 

Just so many different problems it's unreal 

I wish I could roll my phone back honest to go the amount of rubbish items they have included is a security issue also 

It's down to each person but my advice wait a month... 

13 REPLIES 13
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This the problem with Samsung
simonw741
Explorer
Options
Yea the new Android 13 / One UI 5.0
0 Likes
fortunateson
First Poster
Options
New update android 13. Samsung s21 - 5G. After update, battery drains too fast. It last no more than 16 hrs in standby.
simonw741
Explorer
Options
Same here drains so fast and goes hot security issues with the stupid items they have included WiFi drops
0 Likes
Narry123
First Poster
Options
When on a video call WhatsApp or any other phone restarts it self
simonw741
Explorer
Options
Bugs bugs bugs
0 Likes
Capper
Apprentice
Options
Couldn't agree more with this post. Updates are supposed to improve things, not take you 10 steps back. Samsung has poor QA process on their updates and even worse support. Support don't document the info users give, or don't read or understand the info given. It's a case of "my crib sheet says......".
I for am impacted by the use of the Secure Folder, which does not accept the password, no option to reset the password, no option to backup either. So, if the Fold device has a hardware fault, totally up sh** creek without a paddle!
0 Likes
simonw741
Explorer
Options
What a great post copper ,,,secure folder said to me "please keep your password or pattsafe as if you put your credentials in 5 times we will wipe your secure folder completely "

What a joke it's a good job I have my a52 back from Samsung after it developed a sound fault (look at the Samsung members comments about this fault ) only then to get a letter in to say "sorry there is noth5wrong with your phone so there you go have it back "

0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
I hate this 13 update. Restarts every night then this morning I woke up around 3am to find my phone which had been on a fast charger for 5hrs on just 54%, hot to touch, super slow and almost unresponsive to use. I did a restart- upteenth one this week and it was fine. Now finding it won't recognise external memory sticks, it thinks it's a charger so when I remove it because I can't unmount it properly, it demands, you've guessed it, yet another restart!!!!!!!! The photo editor sometimes fails unless......you've guessed it right again, it's restarted! Please sort this ridiculous restart obsessed update out. Or just be honest and call the update Android R.......for Restart.
0 Likes