Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New software update for S20 series VOD

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 06:18 AM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
A new, very small software update is available for S20 series with VOD firmware. Just 24mb in size, listing Camera and security improvements, retaining the March 2021 patch. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DNS9
Navigator
Options
Nice font, my man!
Kris G
Voyager
Options

'small' with a file size of half a gigabyte,
- didn't improve camera performance on my side
- did not notice new features
- same/similar performance as before(in fact the battery seems to be drained faster = performance issue?)
176337329_881196572442734_1182827892872504207_n.jpg

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
This one was 24mb, like I mentioned. The larger update was a couple weeks earlier, the one you're displaying is from 29th March and not on VOD firmware. I have had excellent battery life and performance since the One UI 2.5 update. I don't use this phone as a daily anymore.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

you mean to tell me, all of the updates do update same stuff? or they don't change the text....which implies placebo updates that fix nothing.
Btw, the battery life is average at best or below average, it can run for 2days on normal usage, but excellent would be at least 5~7days, bcoz then it could match Huawei phones....that have smaller battery 😅

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I don't know what you're talking about buddy, of course they do, i don't know what makes you think I'm telling you that. If you're not happy with it, sell it on. Personally, I averaged 7 hours SoT on a daily basis with at least 10% left, I don't know what Huawei phones you think can achieve that, but maybe buy one and try it out. Anyway, good luck. 🙂
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

normal usage on most of Huawei phones = 5~7days of battery ;
Xiaomi Mi Note10 = 4days or less
S20Ultra = slightly over 2days
standby Huawei Mate10Pro = over 18days, screen on time 5~6hrs
S20Ultra standby = 10days?
Huawei P40Pro = ? i left it once for 5days without using it, wen down to some 77%, but everything was turned off, not even GPS was on

screen on time with google maps navigating, this means mobile network will be in use whole time as well as GPS:
Xiaomi MiNote10 = ~9hrs , then you still be at 10~7% of battery left;
Huawei P40Pro = screen set to 60Hz, used it on way back and after 10hrs of navigating it was down to 15%
S20Ultra= ? did not try it on such  big distances, but from what i can tell, after just one hour it drops by about 15% while navigating, if that would be consistent then 6~7hrs would be close to killing the battery

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes