Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new samsung s20 fe update - wont connect to mobile data

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 01:46 PM)
Members_llXTW6N
Journeyman
Options

Hello since the new software upgrade on the Samsung s20 Fe my mobile will not connect to mobile data whether it is 3g/4g/5g.   My phone indicates that there is signal but it wont connect.  I have restarted the phone  umerous times.  Taken the sim card out also changed my mobile settings to lte/3g etc and restarted it but it just wont work.  It is a little frustrating

8 REPLIES 8
Wren
Journeyman
Options
A little frustrating? If it does it to me, someone will have to stop me from hurling this briefcase out of the window!
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

And you are on Vodafone right? Check for LoobyLoo's post a few below yours. Can't provide a link as I'm using the app. On browser now! See Samsung S20fe mobile data not working since last update. - Samsung Community

APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Try turning flight mode on, then restart your phone and once it is restarted, turn off flight mode. Let me know if it works as it worked for me a couple years back.
Members_llXTW6N
Journeyman
Options

yes and thanks i will have a look

0 Likes
Members_llXTW6N
Journeyman
Options

I tried that when I took the sim card out but I will try again without taking the sim card out.   it does appear to work for a couple of mins and then goes offline again

0 Likes
Members_llXTW6N
Journeyman
Options

Ive changed the APN settings and it appears to be working (fingers crossed).   I had been tweeting samsung and it is shame they did not mention this.  They are clearly aware of the problem.  thanks everyone

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Well at least you got a connection for a bit but hope it gets sorted for you soon
Members_llXTW6N
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, unfortunately today it is not working again.  Samsung have stated that it is because I have no data, its extremely frustrating especially if the know about the problem.  

0 Likes