Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung Galaxy S20+ has strange marks on the backcover

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 10:42 PM)
Pippo678
Student
Options

Hello everybody,

I know that the Galaxy S20+ 5G is already on the market for more thatn two years. However, I bought one which - according to the description - is new and has been returned to the store by the customer because he didn't like the size. The device is generally fine but I am a little confused as the glass cover of the camera has scratches on one edge and there are strange marks on the backcover. It seems like you could see what is underneath the backcover, like an imprint. It's in the the glass and not a scratch on the surface. Has anyone observed similar marks on the backcover?

Kind regards

Phil

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you buy a phone that's not new you kinda have to expect imperfection, or signs of being used. Did you not look it before you brought it? If you can see under the case I would be concerned that this has been opened

Where did you buy it from?
0 Likes
Pippo678
Student
Options

Well, if you buy something online, even from a trusted shop, it's kinda difficult to get it on hands before you buy it, right? The description stated that the device is "new", not "used" or "refurbished". As I wrote, the device works properly and additionally I ran a Samsung Phone Info app on it.

I probably wouldn't mind the marks anyway as I wont see them because I am going to pack the phone in a cover case. But I would mind if the phone turns out to be used and refurbished while the seller's description stated "new".

I have already contacted the store and they offer a price reduction. I guess that I will try to get to the nearest repair store in order to seek for some opinion on the marks and the camera glass. Unfortunately I have no professional cam equipment and it's really hard to take pictures of the marks.

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
That doesn't sound like it's new, think you've been had.
0 Likes