Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New s20 fe and updates

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 01:14 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Today I did all the updates to my s20 fe (i had it for 3 days) is it necessary to reset it? Cause I just finished configuring it and I would prefere not to have to do it all again

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Anonymous User  It is not necessary to do a Factory Reset. however I think it is best to wipe the cache partition.  You will not lose any data or apps, temporary system files are cleared.

In Android 11:

1. Turn off your device
2. Connect your device to the PC via USB  or connect USB-C  Headphones
3. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears
4. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until  device turns on
5. Recovery menu will  appear
6. Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with  power button).

See more here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/discussions/s20-plus-android-11-recovery/td-p/2390625 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

thank you

Do you happen to know how to clean dalvik cache?

Solution
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

You cannot dalvik cache without root permissions. Keep in mind that after cleaning dalvik cache you will need to reconfigure some apps also.

So there is no easy way to clean it and not too much need for it, it is better if you have problems and cache partition cleaning does not help to go directly for the hard reset instead :smiling-face:

Archer
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks to everyone :smiling-face:

0 Likes