Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New S20 FE 5G battery draining

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 11:24 AM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just bought a new S20 FE 5G, it's now my fourth day with it, all the updates already downloaded, I have noticed many things about the battery as it goes from 100% to 99% in 2 minutes, it went from 100% to 96% in 15 minutes, on the third day after all the updates and downloads and the phone on stable status, the battery delivered 5:30 hours screen on time and 15 hours overall.

I have heard a lot about how much the S20 FE 5G battery is good, so I feel there is something wrong with my device, so please, any advice?

Kind regards.

39 REPLIES 39
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Yes but I don't want airplane mode during the night in case of emergencies or anything like that, if anyone needed to reach me etc..

0 Likes
Utente_7216191
Apprentice
Options

Hello Yassir90
In the sense that you have solved the problem? Now it no longer discharges to 99% in one minute? Unfortunately I bought the phone two weeks ago and still today if I read news on google news in an hour and connected to wifi, the battery drains by 15% ... in a minute it goes from 100 to 99. You have definitely solved ? Any more specific data?

Thanks so much

0 Likes
Gautham J
First Poster
Options

Hi Yassir90,

I just bought the phone today and i observed the same thing you specified in your first post. It only takes like 3-4 mins to go down to 96 from 100. Around at 11AM, I had 100% charge. And with only light web browsing, Instagram and YouTube, it went to like 60% in like 50 mins or so. We can literally see the charge go down 1 to 2 % in a few mins. I've seen some YouTube reviews where they're getting more than one day stand by time with close to 7hr SOT. Is my situation normal or is there something wrong with my unit specifically. Should I go with replacement?

Sangi St
Explorer
Options

From gathering information all over the web personally and finding the exact same issue trends with this particular phone I don't think it's an issue of defected materials. Too many S20 FE 5G's have exactly the same battery issues and other S20 models too.. The ones who get 7h SoT are some kind of a miracle..

I think mostly it's just extremely poor software optimisation for the S20 and especially the FE variant. My relative has a A52 5G and the battery has an insane lifespan even with high usage, he gets like 7-8h if not more with heavy use.

Androidus
Voyager
Options

How says that is good is paid by Samsung. Facts!

I tried 4 devices and same issue. 4G and 5G 

0 Likes
a_khalique
First Poster
Options

Same here. I am worried now. My device giving 4 to 5 hours screen on time. Overall 10 to 12 hours. Can samsung tell us is this because of recent 4.1 update or its something else?

0 Likes
Sonuff
First Poster
Options

Yes bro... It's not only your phone problem but this is all s20 fe series

1) Battery drain issue

2) Some Bugs 

3) Finger print sensor problem 

0 Likes
El Piochas
Journeyman
Options

my s20 FE is giving me around 5 hours of SOT, closer to 5 than to 6, with an overall of 15-20 hours before hitting like 20-15%.
I bought my phone almost 3 weeks ago, and im still doubting if the "adaptive battery" is doing its job, I have read that is even better to turn it off, and set the brightness to and specific set, like 30-35/100.
Im trying to just accept that the battery manage of this phone is just bad, I unnpluged my phone at 6 am(100%) by 7 AM with almost no use, the battery reach like 96%, go to work from 7-1PM and the battery hits 80% with still no use(mobile data ON), so I get back home with 75% of battery left when I just was working, but it really bothers me that someone with a cheaper phone get a crazy amount of monotony

0 Likes
El Piochas
Journeyman
Options

my s20 FE is giving me around 5 hours of SOT, closer to 5 than to 6, with an overall of 15-20 hours before hitting like 20-15%.
I bought my phone almost 3 weeks ago, and im still doubting if the "adaptive battery" is doing its job, I have read that is even better to turn it off, and set the brightness to and specific set, like 30-35/100.
Im trying to just accept that the battery manage of this phone is just bad, I unnpluged my phone at 6 am(100%) by 7 AM with almost no use, the battery reach like 96%, go to work from 7-1PM and the battery hits 80% with still no use(mobile data ON), so I get back home with 75% of battery left when I just was working, but it really bothers me that someone with a cheaper phone get a crazy amount of monotony

0 Likes
prashanth2
First Poster
Options
Same issue, I'm having to charge my S20 fe 5g 2-3 times a day
0 Likes