Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New S20 FE 5G battery draining

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 10:38 PM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just bought a new S20 FE 5G, it's now my fourth day with it, all the updates already downloaded, I have noticed many things about the battery as it goes from 100% to 99% in 2 minutes, it went from 100% to 96% in 15 minutes, on the third day after all the updates and downloads and the phone on stable status, the battery delivered 5:30 hours screen on time and 15 hours overall.

I have heard a lot about how much the S20 FE 5G battery is good, so I feel there is something wrong with my device, so please, any advice?

Kind regards.

39 REPLIES 39
Rex Zorin
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues.

Bought my S20 FE on 9th November, 21. After fully charged, it goes from 100% to 99% in a minute. It is getting ridiculous

0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

My S20 FE 5G battery just dropped from 40% to 29/28% in a manner of a few hours of being idle with all connections off (besides cell network). No background apps that show big % drainage. WTF SAMSUNG?!

Screenshot_20211111-052911_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

This drain is crazy, look, usage 32% and 26% battery left, come on..

Screenshot_20211111-061326_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Members_lb3an9x
First Poster
Options

I have this problem aswell just got the phone Sunday charged it to 100% went down to 99% straight away

0 Likes
MrY0d4
Apprentice
Options

I have a S20FE 4G Snapdragon (SM-G780G) since a couple of days. The phone came with the Android 11, One UI 3.1 & the firmware G780GXXU3AUH5. In the first days, I noticed a very high battery drain - 30-35%/day, this on airplane mode, with WiFi & Bluetooth off & with Power Saving on (way too much!). Definitely Samsung didn't bother too much to optimize its software. 

Eventually, I made an update to the latest system version (AUI3), then I did a factory reset. As well I have the airplane mode on, WiFi & Bluetooth off & Power Saving on. Then I installed Nova launcher & Gsam battery monitor (to see what's draining the battery). After the first day the battery was 95% (much better than 30%). So, let's see how it goes further on.

0 Likes
Solution
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Right, so I have been using the phone for almost 5 months, so from my experience, I would say there is nothing wrong with the battery, so my explanation for why the battery is going down from 100% to 99% so quickly is Samsung is not fully charging the battery as a safety feature and to extend the battery life, well, Samsung should be clear about it and should mention it in the battery info or somewhere else.
On the other hand for the battery draining issue, it's no longer exist, so it seems the phone has learned from my usage pattern and has optimized the battery life, also Samsung should add a clear note about it as me as a new customer could freak out and feel bad about a new phone's battery draining.

0 Likes
MrY0d4
Apprentice
Options

Great to hear that!
On which firmware version are you now (yesterday I just noticed that a new update was available - AUJ2)? What is your average SoT and what is your standby battery drain per day (without WiFi, data and bluetooth on; something like battery drain over night)? 

0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Here's my battery drain after fully charging and leaving the phone overnight on standby with connections off (wifi, mobile network, bluetooth etc, all off, only thing on is cellular connection).

These are the statistics in the morning (remember, no usage whatsover the whole night and connections off).

https://ibb.co/Fz99MMH

https://ibb.co/hsbZwN1

0 Likes
MrY0d4
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Sangi St. So, it's 7% with phone connection on. If you turn on Airplane mode overnight will probably be even better.
In my case, with all connections off and Airplane mode on, the battery drain was 9% after 2 days.

0 Likes