Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New S20 FE 5G battery draining

(Topic created on: 13-10-2021 01:18 PM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just bought a new S20 FE 5G, it's now my fourth day with it, all the updates already downloaded, I have noticed many things about the battery as it goes from 100% to 99% in 2 minutes, it went from 100% to 96% in 15 minutes, on the third day after all the updates and downloads and the phone on stable status, the battery delivered 5:30 hours screen on time and 15 hours overall.

I have heard a lot about how much the S20 FE 5G battery is good, so I feel there is something wrong with my device, so please, any advice?

Kind regards.

39 REPLIES 39
AndrewL
Options

@Yassir90: YouTube does appear to be using an abnormal amount of battery, however streaming apps such as this can be incredibly power intensive, especially after prolonged periods of use. Please be assured that the S20 FE features an Intelligent Battery that learns your usage patterns over time, and optimises the device accordingly. I can see 'Learning usage patterns' below your graph, therefore you should expect to see an improvement to your overall battery life soon. 

0 Likes
Mayur0047
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my new s20 fe 5g

Any solution

Mohammed irfaan
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue as well 🙄🙄

taralp4
First Poster
Options

Same 

Very disappointed on first day only even though i was using 60hz battery drain was visible. It felt like even my mi note 5 has better battery life 😑🤦

Tabrez
First Poster
Options

Hi Yassir,

Tabrez here. I'm facing the same issue. It's been 2 days since I've started using my S20 Fe 5g my battery is not even giving me a 5hr sot. It goes from 100 to 99 in a min. An hour of use it goes to 70's. My location and Bluetooth were always on and screen refresh rate at 120hz

Yadhu
First Poster
Options

I think its the problem with the phone. I also bought it mines like when i unplug the charger after 4 seconds 1% drops quickly all i did was turn the screen on and it drains fast. Using in for 1 min  3 % drains i tried all battery optimisation settings made it to 60  hz turned off the all animation in developer option and low brightness and still it drains fast hope there's a fix like in next update or something. Or gotta go to customer service and let em fix it.

Sangi St
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem. Bought a brand new S20 FE 5G from EE in UK and have the same battery problems as described by other users.

Very disappointed and off course there's no answers to this. I assume the software somewhere is badly designed with this particular phone.

0 Likes
Sangi St
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20211028-162553_Device care.jpg

15% of battery for 57 minutes of screen time?! The numbers are just not right..

0 Likes
juanS20
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues. For me it was 24% of battery in just 20 minutes more than you. 

It's getting ridiculous.

Sangi St
Explorer
Options

I definitely think this is some kind of software update issue. They haven't optimised their new update with this model and that's why the battery drain is insane, that's what I think. The other option could be a massive batch manufacturing battery defect and we're the unlucky ones that got THOSE phones..