Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S20 FE 5G battery draining

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 12:13 PM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just bought a new S20 FE 5G, it's now my fourth day with it, all the updates already downloaded, I have noticed many things about the battery as it goes from 100% to 99% in 2 minutes, it went from 100% to 96% in 15 minutes, on the third day after all the updates and downloads and the phone on stable status, the battery delivered 5:30 hours screen on time and 15 hours overall.

I have heard a lot about how much the S20 FE 5G battery is good, so I feel there is something wrong with my device, so please, any advice?

Kind regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Right, so I have been using the phone for almost 5 months, so from my experience, I would say there is nothing wrong with the battery, so my explanation for why the battery is going down from 100% to 99% so quickly is Samsung is not fully charging the battery as a safety feature and to extend the battery life, well, Samsung should be clear about it and should mention it in the battery info or somewhere else.
On the other hand for the battery draining issue, it's no longer exist, so it seems the phone has learned from my usage pattern and has optimized the battery life, also Samsung should add a clear note about it as me as a new customer could freak out and feel bad about a new phone's battery draining.

View solution in context

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hey Yassir90!

I'd be more than happy to help out with some troubleshooting steps! Please could you allow your phone to drop to 50% from a full charge, and then share a screenshot of the Battery Usage screen? You can find this by heading to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage. 

It will give us an overview of what applications are using the most battery, and whether there's anything at fault there!

Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi ChelseaH,

I will do, but just to mention, I have restarted the phone before unplugging it out this morning and I have checked the running Apps, there were four apps running, WhatsApp, google play services, media storage and outlook, nothing really major, so when I have unplugged it went directly from 100% to 99% in 2 minutes then from 100% to 96% in 15 minutes. does not feel the right behave of a new phone with a new battery!

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Make sure your screen brightness isn't too high, that impacts on battery life too.
0 Likes
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

ChelseaH, Now I'm running an on-screen test running Youtube I will post to you what you have asked when the batter reaches 50%

0 Likes
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Mitzzz999, the screen brightness was below the med brightness, that's what makes my more worried

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Is your Bluetooth and NFC always on? Sorry, I'm just trying to help you get to the bottom of it, you may already know the suggestions I am giving.
0 Likes
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi Mitzzz999, for sure I highly appreciate your help, but yeah the Bluetooth, NFC and GPS all were off 😞

I made sure nothing insane using the battery! 

I was really hoping to get a full day of usage.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm not sure what other things need to be looked at, hopefully it all gets sorted out for you in the end.
0 Likes
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi ChelseaH,

Here is the screenshot for the battery usage, by the way, my brother has POCO F3 and he got it like me at the same time, his phone has the same battery capacity and same screen size, but his phone battery doing way better than mine in regards of the screen on time even he has his Bluetooth, GPS and NFC on while mine is off, for him moving from 100% to 99% it took more than 30 mins while min took literally 2 mins, I just find it no sense, I'm really disappointed.

2021-07-01 at 17.26.02.jpeg

0 Likes